• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 10:39 AM

The old people cards you get are paper. Needless to say, that won't last long. Can anyone recommend where I can get the card laminated?

I hate running all over the place, with parking being such as it is.

Thanks in advance.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#2 pecas

pecas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 11:26 AM

I'm sure Copy Centro. I've also had look at the little mom and pop stationary stores

#3 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 01:36 PM

Copy Centro was able to do the job...

Thank you

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#4 dawnb

dawnb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, cooking, gardening, jewelry making, reading

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:11 PM

For years I have done my own "laminating" using strong clear packing tape (cover both sides and trim excess, can use double layer). Works well for small cards. A good quality scotch tape can also work in a pinch. This even works underwater!

#5 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:36 AM

Rositas on the corner of Calle 10 and Salas right by the mercado does laminates. Copi Centro does them although the wait will sometimes be longer -- very back section of the store and don't go first thing in the AM as the 'chine prolly isn't warmed up yet and it takes a long time, apparently.

For better parking options, you could try that office supply store that is just east of Salome's. They have now opened up the wall between the two places. You can park in the Blockbuster lot and check it out. I'll bet you anything they have a laminado machine in there. It's a big deal here. Lot of demand in this climate so any good size office supply store that has copy machines will most likely also have one of the laminado chines as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users