• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Linkslady

Linkslady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:01 AM

Looking for gently used patio furniture.. table and chairs. Prefer rectangular table.

#2 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:22 AM

if you don't find something used, you might want to check with Chad, and Clare at Wet Wendy's.

They have some great teak tables and chairs which one of the workers husbands imports from Bali.

Besides being teak, they also are hinged, and when closed, are almost flat, which is great for storage.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#3 DebB

DebB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:03 AM

No need to wait for WW to reopen to know the source. Detlef is opening a store! He imports all sorts of merchandise from Indonesia including indoor & outdoor furniture, textiles (decorative & clothing), paintings & home accessories. The shop is on Calle 11 -- the chalet-style house just east of the Ave. 10 intersection. No sign or grand opening yet but everyone's welcome to stop by & see what he has.

If you want better than the plastic or steel sets they sell at the supermarkets, you may want to check with Luh at Magic of Design as she may have sources for wood, outdoor wicker or cast aluminum.

Or it may pay to go to Home Depot or to the buying clubs on the mainland & have a set brought over. Trucking service is available at reasonable prices.

#4 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:47 AM

Hey Deb, was he the guy that showed his stuff off at the Palacio? Great stuff.

I drove by that "house" yesterday, and they have some "to die for" stuff.

Who does plastic????

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#5 Linkslady

Linkslady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 05:56 PM

Thanks for the replies! Had planned to go to Playa to check but will look at the new store next trip :)

#6 DebB

DebB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 06:32 PM

Coz2Wonder - Sorry, I must have slept through the show at the Palacio & news thereof.

#7 Zimuel

Zimuel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:44 PM

I suggest to you to visit your ikea's local store. They are selling good patio furniture with great prices. If you buy through online, the shipment charge is very expensive so your best option is to check from your local stores.
My furniture Services

#8 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 11:16 AM

what a wonderful idea, Ikea...alas, we have non here.

By the time you find what you want, any place other then HERE you have to consider the transportation fees, and import tax. You can purchase something from the new patio shop, or have it made here, but NO Ikea store.

Planet Mexico is much different...I wish we could walk out the door and all things great, and wonderful where available. I wish the stores are just waiting to fulfilled our every need. Like PRICE CHECK would be a good start.

So, we make the best with what we have.

Which I might add, has made me a much more industrious person...create what has yet to be created.

Anonymous

#9 nauticab

nauticab

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 11:54 AM

saw the sign...opening soon, new furniture store where ACE hardware used to be on 30th. have no idea of the quality but it's called casa bonita or something like that. furniture and decorations for your home. can't wait to see what they will have. just another option....
Cabrilla's Sport Center
Calle 11 % Melgar y 10av
Edificio Portales, Local 1
Dressing Fishermen and Triathletes from Head to Toe

#10 Linkslady

Linkslady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 02:49 PM

We were by Casa Bonita last week and peeked in but it's still under construction.. gonig to bite the bullet and go to Playa in a few weeks. A friend saw some sets at Home Depot that seem to be reasonable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users