• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 McL

McL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:19 PM

Does anyone know if Ventanas Al Mar is still in business? This is the hotel on the eastside next to Coconuts. The website is still there, but no answer to email. Thanks

#2 Kandy

Kandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying retired life!

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:29 PM

We were on the island in August. We drove by Ventanas a couple of times, and both times it looked absolutely empty. There were no cars. The second time, though, I did see a couple of women on the top floor like they were cleaning rooms. I'm not sure if they're open or not.

Kandy
Living the Dream in Cozumel

#3 kentuckoz

kentuckoz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:47 AM

We stayed there in June and had lovely time . Great breakfasts. Our room had the neatest carved furnishings.Friendly staff although limited English.Being from the city I'd forgotten how many stars you can see
on a clear night plus the crash of the waves below.Perfect base for an Eastside tour.

#4 eaton53

eaton53

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:Bowling, Sports, Computers... I'm a Senior Product Designer and Engineering Project Manager. Been to Cozumel a few times.

Posted 06 October 2010 - 02:01 PM

Something I want to do someday is stay at Ventanas. It's a really neat, unique place.

#5 carybut

carybut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:good people...clear water diving...Music- Listening or joining in on percussion..bicycling..fixing things....helping businesses grow through effective advertising....living permantly on the Isaland if I can figure out some sorta income.(Legally-of course)

Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:12 PM

Yes They are open.....last rates I heard were $85- $100/ night. with good breakfast...then you can spend the day on the Beach and Cocnuts next dooe for lunch or dinner.
Sunshine makes me happy!

#6 chicana

chicana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:05 AM

When I first saw Ventanas al Mar, I knew I wanted to stay there at some point. I did make reservations, but had to cancel them. Long story short-- Sent Ventanas al Mar a deposit which covered aver 90% of my bill. I cancelled reservations 1 1/2 months ahead and am still waiting on my refund 3 MONTHS LATER!!!. I have sent numerous emails and have gotten vague, sketchy responses promising a refund "soon". I hate to write a negative review, but this is ridiculous! Be careful when asked for a deposit.

#7 Charles

Charles

Guru

• Members
  • 3,143 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:51 PM

Try contacting PROFECO, that is what they are here for....

Lic. Ariadne Santin..... email address on the island, English speaking representative asantinprofeco@yahoo.com That should light a fire under the situation. It can be difficult for people to give refunds paid by credit cards as they have to have sufficient funds in that account and I have no idea the procedures involved. I write to Lic Santin and attach copies of any of their vague and sketchy replies and promises.

#8 mslf500

mslf500

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Snow boarding, Diving, Spearfishing, Driving Formula Cars really fast, Mountain biking.

Posted 05 February 2011 - 07:55 AM

If you paid by credit card, simply file a complaint with them. They can do a chargeback for you.

We stayed there a year or so ago for a night and had a wonderful time.

www.CozumelCondominium.com
Nah Ha 602

#9 burlygirl

burlygirl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:My kids and all they do. Reading. Researching vacations. Wine. I'm also crafty!

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:55 AM

wow, this sounds promising and not so promising. My husband and i were looking into staying here a night or two. And explore the island.
Anyone else have any info on what looks to be a beautiful place?

KIM

#10 jcole

jcole

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:00 PM

https://www.ventanasalmar.com.mx/

#11 ATL2COZ

ATL2COZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:44 PM

Ventanas al Mar was a wonderful experience for us last year. It was hit or miss to get a reservation made and get responses to emails, but I'm so glad it worked out.

The stars alone are worth the price of the stay. Breakfast was amazing, as was the service.

Their website is up and running: https://www.ventanasalmar.com.mx/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users