• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DebB

DebB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 07:05 AM

Join the CZM Reef Survey! Dec. 4-11 As REEF's traditional Dec. Field Survey isn't on the 2010 schedule (the last was in August and the next is Dec. 2011), some former participants would like to come back for an "unofficial" survey this winter. Of course, the diving will count at REEF!

This is a great opportunity and big savings for anyone who's wanted to go on a REEF trip. The regular instructors will be there and you won't be required to pay the $250-300 fee that is usually charged to join these trips. Of course, if you want to count fish, you'll need to buy a yellow slate and underwater paper from the REEF store or here on Cozumel, but that's a small expense in comparison to the usual fee.

The diving itself is very, very good and we have a lot of fun. We'll have our own boat (with captain, mate & 2 DMs) if we can sign up 10 divers, go to a great mix of habitats, with bottom time as long as each diver can go given weather conditions. This is not "group" diving.

We'll be with Aqua Safari downtown. You may stay where ever you choose (I advise somewhere north of Puerta Maya) or at Safari Inn for $45.60 per night per room (for one or two people in the room; slightly more for 3 or more people), tax included. Diving is $70 per day for 2 tanks, $12 additional for optional third tank, plus $2 Marine Park Fee. Nitrox is additional.

If you've never taken a Caribbean fish ID course, the REEF store offers an instructional DVD to get you started and we will teach you much more while you're here.

Please get in touch if you have any questions not addressed in this post and/or if you'd like to join us.

Hope to see you in December!

#2 u2girlie

u2girlie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:18 PM

I recently became a REEF member and am booked to dive CZM the week of the reef survey. I am already committed with a dive master that week but wish I could have been with you guys. I adore our dive master so I'm thrilled about our trip but would have been fantastic to get some more education on doing the survey, fish ID, etc. I'm a newbie diver (just 36 dives in) but I'm a complete nerd when it comes to trying to identify fish, creatures & coral. :D After each dive on our last trip, my husband, our dive master, and I poured through my reef ID books & discussed every little thing we saw!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users