Photo

Help Again needed to iron out forum probs.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:04 AM

I've solved the problem with image file upload not working. Had to purchase more disk space on the server.
I've also gone ahead and forked over $50 smackers for a month's worth of tech help from the people who designed this forum software. So I would ask help from anyone who has the time--

Please report any errors you getting. Tell me what you did to have the error occur and what the error message is.

Also are there other features you'd like to see? Or annoying features you'd like to see worked on if possible?

This is your chance. Lemme know.

#2 DanB

DanB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Interests:Dan:history/culture;scuba diving;photography;music; Claudia:artist

Posted 19 October 2010 - 05:47 AM

Carey, the previous website was able to show you all recent new topics AND RESPONSES that you had not seen yet. I have been able to get the new site to show me new topics but not recent responses to older topics. Is this possible?

#3 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 10:39 AM

Thanks for that info Dan. I redesigned the color scheme because your point made me realize that some important links were invisible. Now you can see 'breadcrumbs' on the top right of the page and a View New Content links on the far right.

Color purists..I will be continuing to work on the color scheme but for now this background color shows up with the link text changed to white.

Enjoy

#4 roxie

roxie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 12:02 AM

Carey,

I would really like to be able to print a good, legible Cozumel street map from this site with perhaps some of the recommended restaurants highlighted on the map. I'm afraid I will be doing a lot of driving in circles looking for some of these hole in the wall spots as I am geographically challenged... I need all the help I can get.

Would also be great to see more local advertising on this site.

Would be interesting to see more pics of local artists works (from street markets) with highlighted areas on maps as to where to find them as well.

Thanks for all your hard work and dedication in bringing us all this site. So many people use it and depend on it! If you can think of some small something I can stow away in my suitcase for you from civilization, let me know and I'll bring it to you!

Best Wishes,
Roxie

#5 DanB

DanB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Interests:Dan:history/culture;scuba diving;photography;music; Claudia:artist

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:03 AM

Cary, can you explain more where I should see these items. After reading your post I starting moving my mouse around some areas of the screen. I notice that there are some "blue on blue" items in the second from the top dark blue bar (the one just below the 'coz my coz - forums - members - calendar' bar. I can see light blue ">" symbols and when I move the mouse around those link references to various URL's show up at the bottom right of my screen. But I am not seeing anything like "breadcrumbs" or "new new content". Does this appear only on certain screens. Perhaps it is still hidden in the color scheme I'm using (standard windows color scheme).
Dan

OH, I just found the 'blue on blue' link that does a 'new content' display. It is on the same dark blue bar I mentioned above, but is on the far right side under the "search - advanced" labels. I guess I don't mind knowing about a 'secret hot link spot', but the newer viewers probably would appreciate being able to see the link (Oh, the efforts you make for the newbies!)

#6 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:25 AM

Refresh your browser window. You have the old version stored in your cookies. You should see a mauveish brown background come up when you refresh and white text for breadcrumbs on the left and view new content on the right.

#7 Kandy

Kandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying retired life!

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:21 AM

Carey:

I know how much work is involved in all of this as I have and still do maintain websites. It's a process. For me, I'm having trouble with the light blue text being readable. An example would be at the very bottom of the page where it says "Mark as Read," "Delete Cookies," etc. Perhaps all white and a little grey on this new rust color would work well? Just a thought.

Kandy
Living the Dream in Cozumel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users