11 replies to this topic

#1 FLAgringo

FLAgringo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:37 AM

Hello All!

My family and I will be traveling to Cozumel over the Christmas holidays. It is very important to us that we attend mass on Christmas day. Can anyone provide a mass schedule or perhaps contact information for any local Catholic churchs.

Thank you very much for your time!

Mike

#2 DanB

DanB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Interests:Dan:history/culture;scuba diving;photography;music; Claudia:artist

Posted 29 October 2010 - 08:16 AM

I have used the website www.masstimes.org to find churches and their daily and weekend mass schedule. That site shows three of the churches in San Miquel and shows their map locations. It also gives phone numbers for each one. From my experience, mass times change from season to season. I have shown up at San Miguel church (St. Michael on the website) and at Corpus Christi to find that the mass doesn't start for another hour or is just ending. I would expect some variation on the Christmas schedule. If you know a little spanish you should be able to call the listed numbers and get the Christmas mass times. Just put a 011 in front of the numbers listed and that should connect you. Have a great time in Cozumel.

#3 FLAgringo

FLAgringo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:55 AM

DanB....

Thanks so much for your time and information! I will try and give them a call.

Sincerely, Mike

#4 pecas

pecas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:23 AM

When you arrive you can also check out the local TV station - it posts the times of Mass at several, not all, of the churches. It will definitely have the schedule for Corpus Christi and San Miguel. It's channel 22

#5 Linkslady

Linkslady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 11:27 AM

The phone number for San Miguel in town is 987-872-1087 and the church in Corpus Christy is 987-872-1053. These were taken from the Free Blue Guide to Cozumel :)

#6 Charles

Charles

Guru

• Members
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 07:07 PM

I'll check and post Mass times when they become listed in December. Those could be pricey phone calls to make to find out they don't know yet. I hope you speak Spanish. There will be Mass on Christmas day, but the big time to attend is the midnight Mass on Christmas Eve before going to La Noche Buena family dinner. Time for Mass is the reason most Noche Buena dinners start at around 2:00AM

#7 FLAgringo

FLAgringo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:33 AM

WOW...you guys are the best! Thank you so much for all of the great information.
I will be checking back frequently between now and December.

Regards, Mike

#8 FLAgringo

FLAgringo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 07:56 AM

I can't believe it is DECEMBER already! In just a matter of weeks I will be visiting your wonderful island...

Charles...I was wondering if you have happened to notice if they have the Christmas Day mass times posted at San Miguel yet?

Your help is very much appreciated!

Regards, Mike

#9 Charles

Charles

Guru

• Members
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:32 PM

I did go by twice today and both times the office was closed. There isn't any schedule posted yet, but I'll try to get mass times for all three churches on Monday. I'll try to check what the Presbyterian Church has planned tomorrow. I'm sure a number of people will want to know.

BTW: It is "canta la rama" time! I saw bunches of kids out in mass tonight. If you're anywhere near downtown or in the neighborhoods, you'll be treated to kids singing and drop a few coins in their can. One of the customs of Christmas leading up to Las Posadas.

http://es.wikipedia....ama_(tradiciĆ³n)

http://portal.veracr...&_schema=PORTAL I have a translate to English option on my tool bar that actually gives a good translation in English and this has music.

#10 Charles

Charles

Guru

• Members
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 03:53 PM

Mass times at the San Miguel church downtown, 10th avenue and Juarez:

Christmas Eve/ La Noche Buena they will have a Mass at 10:00PM They also will have a 10:00PM Mass on New Years Eve.

Christmas Day Mass times are 7:00AM and 10:00AM and then two evening Masses at 6:00PM and 8:00PM. This schedule will supposedly be repeated on New Years Day.

I'll check with Corpus Christi and Guadalupe Churches soon and post all the times before Christmas.

#11 FLAgringo

FLAgringo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 03:58 PM

Charles,

Thank you so much for all your time and efforts...we really apprecaite it!

Have a great evening!

Mike

#12 creativityonvacation

creativityonvacation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:27 PM

The Posadas are starting soon.Each day a procession will start at Conalep, and end with mass at Corpus. Dates are from the 16th, through the 24th. Anyone is welcome to attend, Just throwing it out there for anyone that likes that sort of thing. Hope to see you there!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users