• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:47 PM

For two days, I have been in long sleeve shirts, and sweats...It's really cool here.

It's to get down into the high 60's tonight.

Forget getting into the pool...not until next summer.

Burrrrrrr.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#2 hillbilly

hillbilly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:Retired here in Cozumel and loving it

Posted 06 November 2010 - 07:50 PM

I dont suppose you know what the ocean temps are running by chance?

#3 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 06:30 AM

Perhaps, Mike could post the daily conditions here like he does on FB. It has a ton of good info.

Water Temp: 83.1 °F

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#4 guitarist

guitarist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 554 posts
  • Interests:music, family history research, gardening

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:39 AM

its great Paula fresh and cool still in t shirts loving it...

#5 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:09 PM

okay, if I where a Bear, I would be in hibernation right now...

Does anyone knit...I could sure use a winter cap. I had to put the pillow over my head last night to keep warm. I have used my baseball cap, and my husband yells..."get that beck off my neck"...

It's not pretty, I must admit.

My husband is also complaining about me being a "heat leech"...Frankly, I do not see the problem here. You have heat, I need it...

how in the world did I survive in Buffalo, NY...guess that's why I moved!

Anonymous

#6 nauticab

nauticab

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:01 PM

my kid took out his flannel jacket and is wearing his knit gloves! i wore a sweater last night with a wind breaker. yes, brrrrrrr.
Cabrilla's Sport Center
Calle 11 % Melgar y 10av
Edificio Portales, Local 1
Dressing Fishermen and Triathletes from Head to Toe

#7 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:03 AM

my kid took out his flannel jacket and is wearing his knit gloves! i wore a sweater last night with a wind breaker. yes, brrrrrrr.

You get the "jungle chill" out there, Paula. All that early morning condensation is another name for it.

I'm enjoying getting to wear leggings and shirts with sleeves for a change. Can't imagine dressing like that in April or later.

LOVING this weather. I consider it our pay back for weathering the hot humid months of summer and fall and the hurricane season. Then we get the truly gorgeous weather for as long as 5 months.

#8 JMCADAM

JMCADAM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:06 AM

LOVING this weather. I consider it our pay back for weathering the hot humid months of summer and fall and the hurricane season. Then we get the truly gorgeous weather for as long as 5 months.
[/quote

Up here in Illinois, we have been loving the 60 - 70 degree temps, but that will all end tonight. Mid 40 highs and 30 lows coming in overnight. Most of the leaves are off the trees now, but we have yet to see the first snowfall. Not in any hurry for that, mind you. Six weeks until Christmas, and then six weeks until Cozumel!

#9 Jim912

Jim912

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, teaching scuba and working on our house.

Posted 19 November 2010 - 07:13 AM

I know the weather is not ideal for most; windy, cool, cloudy with scattered showers. I see lots of folks walking around in long pants and some even in jackets. But I have to say for working the weather is ideal. So far this week I installed a new pump on my pressure washer and I have been having a great time blasting all the dirt and yuck that has built up all over the walls, concrete walks and front drive.

This morning I got my drill out and buffed out all the yellow and cloudy material off my car headlights. And I will be out shopping for a pressurized water system this morning. So far without getting cold and actually breaking a sweat during some of this work.

While running the pressure washer I was in long pants and my wooly pullover simply because I get so wet but enjoying winter in my t-shirt and shorts is a tough life and I'm proud to do it.

On Wednesday morning when we left Ruston, LA it was 38 degrees and a light frost in some of the bottoms we drove through heading to the airport.

#10 Kandy

Kandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying retired life!

Posted 19 November 2010 - 10:11 AM

We'll be there in 18 days and happy to be leaving the early stages of winter behind. I'm right there with ya Jim912! I'll take a Cozumel winter any day. Just have to get rid of this annoying cold before we leave...

Kandy
Living the Dream in Cozumel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users