1 reply to this topic

#1 GaryM

GaryM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Scuba, motorcycles, shooting, sailing, ATVs

Posted 20 February 2010 - 01:05 PM

I have been coming to CZM for a few years now. The first time the place was filled with tourist everywhere then the drug wars/swine flu panics started and the place was empty. May of last year I think there 10, maybe 20 people at the resort! We are coming back this May and were wondering if the tourism is back yet. I would think it has to be better that last year at this time but not as good as the year prior.
So, how is it? Still at rock bottom or what?

For the record I love it regardless of how busy it is. The peacefulness of having a resort almost to yourself is nice having a bunch of fellow vacationers can be enjoyable too.
Damnit, youth really is wasted on the young...

#2 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 21 February 2010 - 12:07 PM

This has proven to be a very bad high season. Not as bad as the swine flu period last summer. But what could be?

Lot of cruiseships but not as many as in other high seasons or so it seems to me. Not sure about this. Quite a few divers and other land-based tourist roaming around downtown. So it's quieter than usual but hardly dead. Lot of nortes this year have ruined business for operators that work on the water but I guess that's been to the gain of restaurants and shops that get some of that business when people are looking for something to do on days when the port's been closed to small craft.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users