• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 brigid

brigid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:51 PM

I enjoyed reading your restaurant reviews and suggestions. Does anyone publish a map with the restaurants locations? It would be nice to have one when visiting, especially for the smaller local restaurants.

#2 TRAVELER89

TRAVELER89

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:38 PM

This link may be helpful to you, it is under construction, but you can get some good ideas from it..... all restaurants and restaurant guides have their pros and cons.....

Cozumel Restaurant Guide: http://www.cozumelrestaurantguide.com/

T.

#3 mslf500

mslf500

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Snow boarding, Diving, Spearfishing, Driving Formula Cars really fast, Mountain biking.

Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:37 PM

Order this map of Cozumel. It will be the best $10 you ever spent. It was updated this year. Tons of reviews, prices and locations.

http://www.mapchick.com/links/cozumel/

If you need restaurant reviews, we keep a pdf copy on our site at this link. I have a newer version I haven't uploaded, but it is reasonably up to date. Scroll about halfway down the page.

http://www.cozumelco...in-cozumel.html

www.CozumelCondominium.com
Nah Ha 602

#4 beachbum53

beachbum53

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 05:10 PM

I whole heartedly agree with mslf500 (Mark?) about the $10 map. Mine is 5 years old and still current. It is a great buy.

Also Mark and Denise's Restaurant and Beach Guide is spot on. Very nice work you guys!

I do think that you need to add Tres Gatitos to your restaurant list. Their panuchos and salbutes are among the best I've ever had. They also have a family member (an uncle I think) who has a similar restaurant up on 65th (and 17th?). I can't remember it's name but its equally as good.

#5 kentuckoz

kentuckoz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:08 AM

when we were in Coz in June Tres Gattitos was closed and the property was for sale or rent much to our dismay.

#6 beachbum53

beachbum53

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:54 PM

when we were in Coz in June Tres Gattitos was closed and the property was for sale or rent much to our dismay.

Wow! That is bad news! My kids are going to be VERY disappointed.
Can anyone else confirm this?

#7 roxie

roxie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 07:59 PM

I just returned from Coz and went by Tres Gatitos twice to try to get Panuchos. One of those times was at 4pm on a weekday. They do appear to be locked down tight and closed for business.

#8 Guest_pecosgirl_*

Guest_pecosgirl_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2010 - 12:54 PM

I don't think a map from 2005 is going to be all the way current. Many places have closed or moved due to the economy.

#9 eaton53

eaton53

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:Bowling, Sports, Computers... I'm a Senior Product Designer and Engineering Project Manager. Been to Cozumel a few times.

Posted 21 November 2010 - 02:33 PM

Another vote for the Mapchick's map.
Unless you already know where everything is you gotta have it.

#10 Charles

Charles

Guru

• Members
  • 3,143 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 04:57 PM

I just returned from Coz and went by Tres Gatitos twice to try to get Panuchos. One of those times was at 4pm on a weekday. They do appear to be locked down tight and closed for business.

I have no idea, I always considered them an evening restaurant and things are bad. I went by close to 5:00PM yesterday, they were closed and they sure looked like they were getting set up for the evening service. It looked the same way it used to look a couple of hours before opening. I haven't eaten there in years, but that was always one for their panuchos. Lots of places have changed recently and will need updating before high season, when and if that occurs. Just for example, El Bistro is back where they started and La Lobsteria has returned to the cover of 5th and calle 7.

#11 beachbum53

beachbum53

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:47 PM

Thanks for the update, Charles.

So here's my Tres Gatitos story.
The very first time I brought my family to Cozumel, we arranged to stay at a friends house while they were gone. They knew that by the time we landed and got to the house it would be late so they arranged to have salbutes y panuchos from Tres Gatatos waiting for us when we arrived. Since that time we have never left the island without stopping at Tres Gatitos. We have never told the owners this story, but my kids now have Tres Gatitos t-shirts and carry-out bags, gifts from the times we've stopped in. These gifts just seem to arrive at our table before we finish eating. We love many other restaurants, but for us Cozumel will alway taste like Tres Gatitos salbutes y panuchos.

I sure hope that they are up and running but mainly I hope that abuela y abuelo are healthy and doing well.

#12 brigid

brigid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:34 PM

Thanks for everyones help. I think i will order the map. Don't want to miss any good restaurants cuz i can't find them. Getting real wintery in Wisconsin. Can't wait until Feb. If anyone has any other suggestions i would love to hear them.

#13 Guest_pecosgirl_*

Guest_pecosgirl_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:42 PM

We like Especias. The owner Adrian is such a great host. They have an excellent guitarist there (Abraham). I like the bacon wrapped shrimp. Closed Sundays.
El Pique is a favorite of locals and tourists alike. It opens at 7 pm. Pork chops, Bean soup, tacos yummy.
We also go to Conchita Del Caribe at least once for fish. They close early...like at 8 pm.
There's so many good places to eat it'd take all night to remember them all and tell ya about 'em.
Get the map..you won't be sorry.

#14 son55jennings

son55jennings

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Movies

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:41 AM

Thanks for such a great information. but you should update maps because some are outdated, so do one thing please update all the maps to current year. Thanks

SEO

#15 akm88

akm88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:28 PM

It is a nice post..........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users