• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 kentuckoz

kentuckoz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:11 PM

CCDZM What is it about you liberal types that you have to launch into vicious personal attack on anyone that disagrees with you.Despite your disdain for the man he has an audience of millions.
I genarally like the show but for the first time I actually emailed my obections to him about his position

#22 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:41 PM

Settle down now, Kiddos. Let's not get off on a tangent that forces me to start hitting the delete button. You've both expressed your opinions. Nuff said now, can we hope?

#23 kentuckoz

kentuckoz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:15 PM

Sorry Carey I wasn't trying to start anything political at all. Just pointing out there is a lot of negative stuff out here in the states . My wifes parents-who are as liberal as they come- expressed their
"concerns" about our last trips and we had to go to great lengths to reassure them about the reality of Cozumel

#24 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:52 PM

sorry reality bites, but it is something that we need to deal with, and TALK about.

It can't be all Happy Valley. This BS IS affecting Cozumel.

Did YOU take any action?, Did anyone else complain?

Now your off on a political rant...hummmm, why does this look familiar.

I figure you have three choices in life: ignore, move on, or take action...

I REFUSE to be passive. If you don't like my message or approach, no apologizes offered. What have YOU done today to counter the attack.

I REFUSE to be silenced by complacency, and can't we just ignore reality.

I found the website for Cruise ships docking (none of the other ports have anything like Cozumel is exposed too) thousand of others have as well...try to ignore that!

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#25 cookielady

cookielady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Interests:Cozumel, animals, reading,travel and friends

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:13 PM

sorry reality bites, but it is something that we need to deal with, and TALK about.

It can't be all Happy Valley. This BS IS affecting Cozumel.

Did YOU take any action?, Did anyone else complain?

Now your off on a political rant...hummmm, why does this look familiar.

I figure you have three choices in life: ignore, move on, or take action...

I REFUSE to be passive. If you don't like my message or approach, no apologizes offered. What have YOU done today to counter the attack.

I REFUSE to be silenced by complacency, and can't we just ignore reality.

I found the website for Cruise ships docking (none of the other ports have anything like Cozumel is exposed too) thousand of others have as well...try to ignore that!

Not trying to stir the pot anymore but I have to agree with Carey and Nauticab regarding this topic. Like Carey stated if she was in Sherries shoes who knows how you would react. I feel for her and had hoped there would be a better outcome. I also feel for the beautiful island and the people on it that I love and respect dearly and the impact this may be having on them. I spread the word at every opportunity about the safety of Cozumel and the fact that it is not the Mexico the media is talking about. I take my 11 year old child every year and I would never chance my child's safety. I think the American media has scared more people then Sherrie could ever reach. I see media stories regarding killings and drug wars in Mexico every single day when I read the news. I also know that for the last year the Military has told their enlisted folks on leave not to travel to any part of Mexico including Cancun for the last year.

I think Nauti's post regarding going to the tourism board personally instead of fighting it on a public forum is the best route and less damaging to Cozumel and it's people.

Paula... I understand your frustration and anger about protecting Cozumel but the constant posting regarding this topic is just keeping the whole thing front and center where far more people are going to see it and start wondering and possibly second guessing themselves regarding traveling to Cozumel.

Please don't take this the wrong way but this last posting you wrote closely mirrors the stance Sherri is taking in her own fight.

#26 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 06:53 AM

can't disagree with you.

I thought about it all night, and should have made edits to it.

My passion for the island, overwhelmed the presentation.

However, unlike Sherri, of objective is to do no harm.

I have done what I have thought I could do. That was to try and interest the Tourist Board in connecting to that site.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#27 CZMDM

CZMDM

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:45 AM

Juan Carlos, Felix, Aurelio & everybody at the Palace and immigration are very much aware of these attacks from Cozumel Insider. Don't worry about that.

Cozumel Diving

#28 Coz_Aholic

Coz_Aholic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Interests:Travel, Diving, Fishing, and of course FAMILY!

Author of Cozumel The Complete Guide II

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:48 PM

Why does no one remember all the good things Sherry has done on this Island. I too have no dog in the fight, but it always seems it is easier or more fun to pass the NASTY stuff, and forget about the good in people.

#29 pato52

pato52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 10:22 AM

Why does no one remember all the good things Sherry has done on this Island. I too have no dog in the fight, but it always seems it is easier or more fun to pass the NASTY stuff, and forget about the good in people.

People only remember "What have you done for me lately?" And lately she has not done the island any favors by posting the negative news of Mexico.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users