• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ebvacationer

ebvacationer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:57 PM

Will be staying at the Cozumel Palace for 9 days in February. Would like to find some good street maps (so I can locate stores, restaurants, etc.) and also good road maps in case we decide to get out and tour the island some. Does anyone have any suggestions where I can find such maps??? Thanks, e

#2 LB Ward

LB Ward

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:47 AM

I think that Laura Mapchick (www.mapchick.com) has the best maps of the Caribbean area of Mexico you'll find anywhere. I have been using her maps for years and just ordered one for my first trip to Cozumel. Not only a map, but many, many tips on accomodations, restaurants, places of interest, etc. Good luck.

#3 pato52

pato52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:24 AM

Here's a map I had fun putting together. Nothing to scale.

http://www.caribesun.../images/map.jpgPosted Image

#4 nascarcharchar

nascarcharchar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Boating, Nascar, Golf, PBR Bullriding (Not Myself, just on TV), Cooking

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:45 AM

Also a vote for mapchick. The map is so detailed with anything you would need to know.

#5 KarenE

KarenE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:02 AM

Google Maps now has downtown mapped. That means you can actually see the buildings all over town. www.googlemaps.com

If you haven't used this before, just drag the lttle man to the streets you want to see. Otherwise the street map is very detailed.

#6 ebvacationer

ebvacationer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:37 PM

Thanks to all of you!!!! :) I haven't checked googlemaps yet but I definitely will! Hope our IPad works down there - that would really be helpful! :)

#7 Guest_pecosgirl_*

Guest_pecosgirl_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:34 PM

Order the mapchick map online...you won't be sorry. You'll use it all day long for everything!

#8 jsmflake

jsmflake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:Cozumel
    Travel
    Gardening
    Reading

Posted 31 January 2011 - 03:27 PM

The MapChick maps are great, and they send them out really quickly too. I ordered an Explorer set for the Riveria Maya on Friday afternoon, and they arrived in Tuesday's mail. They come from Iowa! :)

#9 ebvacationer

ebvacationer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 06:39 PM

I ordered mapchicks map and it's wonderful!!!! Came quickly! Probably need to order another one - I can see this one getting very wrinkled and worn during our stay!!!!! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users