• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TSimmons

TSimmons

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 01:07 PM

We are coming to Cozumel on a cruise in April. We are planning on renting a vehicle to explore the island. We have a three year old child. What are the car seat laws, if any?

#2 nauticab

nauticab

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 04:16 PM

there are no car seat laws. when you rent a car though (if NOT bringing a booster), just ask for one with working back seat sealbelts.
other than going around the island, there aren't any seatbelt laws either. you may see seat belt signs but it is not always enforced....and if you are stopped, the cop will just ask you to buckle up.
my kid is three and i still keep him belted up in his car seat which is attached to the seat via a rope as my seatbelts have long ago rusted out. keeps him in.
Cabrilla's Sport Center
Calle 11 % Melgar y 10av
Edificio Portales, Local 1
Dressing Fishermen and Triathletes from Head to Toe

#3 TSimmons

TSimmons

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 03:40 PM

Thank you for the info. I'll be bringing a booster along with us just to make sure she's safe, and I'll be sure to ask for working seatbelts.

#4 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 03 March 2010 - 04:15 PM

my kid is three and i still keep him belted up in his car seat which is attached to the seat via a rope.

That cracked me up big time, Nauticab. You are so ghett OH. Excuse me while I pick myself up off the floor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users