• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 coziwanna

coziwanna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:29 AM

Can anyone drive to/visit the Jade Caverns, or do you have to be with a tour group?

#2 Charles

Charles

Guru

• Members
  • 3,143 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:42 AM

I think it's only a tour. Another cruise ship adventure invention. You won't see any jade and I wouldn't wet my feet in that cenote. You couldn't drive the road in a rental and unless a beater, you wouldn't want to drive your own car anyway. I don't know if it is restricted to cruise passengers only or if you can book independently.

#3 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:22 PM

The tour is provided by Wild tours. On the reservtaion form, it asked if you are a ship, or staying in a hotel on the island.

It looks like a blast, and from the reviews I have read, seems to be worth the price...

If you go, please tell us how it was, and how much fun you had.

http://www.wild-tour...servations.html

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#4 captain ronald

captain ronald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:17 PM

$240 USD per vehicle. That will buy a lot of lobster and a few margarittas to go with it. Nothing I want to do but it would be interesting to hear from someone who does the tour.

#5 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:24 AM

a $120 bucks per person for a full day of activity...sounds like a fun way to go.

Rather you spend your money on food, and drink, or do a tour like this, they both end up as only memories anyway!

You eat everyday, this you may only do once in your lifetime.

It a VACATION, enjoy!

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#6 Charles

Charles

Guru

• Members
  • 3,143 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:16 PM

I have seen prices listed at between $175 to $190 for the vehicle. It is supposed to be a three hour round trip tour that leaves and returns from Margaritaville. The reviews are mostly positive, messy, but fun. I question the wisdom of going into "bat cave cenote water" besides it probably being cold as hell. One person reports some maintenance issues that three out of the eight "X-Rails" broke down during the trip. They seem prepared and have a mechanic follow and have back up, replacement vehicles to bring if your machine dies.

http://boards.cruise...d.php?t=1338523

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users