6 replies to this topic

#1 toofunnie

toofunnie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 04:23 PM

Dates December 17th thru 24th, 2008

This is a little late, but I loved our trip so much that thought I would share since the site is a bit short on Trip Reports at this time.

We flew directly into Cozumel out of Denver - flights home and back were uneventful.

Family of 9: 5 adults, 4 kids (one was 18, but to us still a kid to us:)

Stayed at the Wyndham. Read all the reviews, good and bad and bit the bullet and stayed there anyway. It was perfect for us. We loved being out of town and the rooms were just fine. Only two complaints and they are small in my opinion was food wasn't fantastic and drinks were weak. But heck order a beer, which I did. We loved touring the island. It is a wonderful place! Coconuts was our favorite place to visit on one of our many island tours. Food outside of the resort was delicious and very reasonably priced. Snorkeled both at the resort and on a couple of tours. Awesome! Kids parasailed and loved it! Amazing sunsets and beautiful weather. Had a great time shopping as I LOVE jewelry. Had dinner one night at Margaritaville which was fun and somewhat of a taste of home. Checked out lighthouse, salt water crocs, and the town square.

I just cannot say enough good things about Cozumel. I want to go back again very soon but trying to convince everyone else it's necessary is tough. This time I am thinking of renting a house on the beach. There was one just down from our hotel and it looked awesome! We also went to town and visited their version of "Walmart" and thought how cool it would be to cook some on your own and just relax in your "own home".

Sorry this isn't as detailed as it might have been when I first got back, but if you have any questions, please do not hesistate to ask and I will happily answer if I can!

Also if anyone has any suggestions for a rental property, I'd be happy to hear about them!

#2 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 26 February 2010 - 06:41 PM

Thanks for the trip report and glad you had fun and want to come back! I think you're on a good track with a vacation rental here. It's the only way I vacation anywhere, actually. I'm totally spoiled and when I live Cozumel on trips I always book a flat or small house because I love having a kitchen and more space to spread out. Down here you will almost invariably also get a lot of extra services that you don't get in the states such as daily maid service including in the price. (Although a tip to the maid is very much appreciated.)

Places in town can be very affordable even taking into account that you will need a car to get around and about more as you won't have beach right in front of you. If you want to consider this option, I would look at cozumelvillas.com which has a lot of intown places. For oceanfront homes, try cozumel.tc, a very reputable firm owned by a friend of mine, actually. They handle almost all of the beachfront property on the island and are honest folks to work with.

#3 toofunnie

toofunnie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:36 AM

Thanks so much for that info. I think what we are looking for is a beach house for sure. There was one just down from our hotel and looking back now we wished we would have found out the name of it for rental purposes. We loved that location! Thanks again!

#4 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:58 AM

Cozumel.tc will have it listed and you'll probably recognize it from the pictures. Do be aware that prices for the two weeks of Christmas are usually double high season prices.

#5 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 11:50 AM

The places next door to the hotel you stayed at is either Villa Ventanas or Villa Iguanas.

Ventanas has some very unique architecture.

They sure don't come cheap, but what a view, what a place.

http://www.cozumel.t...homes.html?p=12

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#6 toofunnie

toofunnie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:38 AM

Thanks for the info. I think I found the house :) Our thought is to go more sometime in October rather than around Christmas this time. Any thoughts on that? We are not divers, but do like to snorkel, so hopefully that will be good then. It's been a long winter, wish it was time to go back right now :(

#7 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:48 AM

Unless you can realize a considerable savings on the rental, I would come either in November before Thanksgiving or the first two weeks of December. October is prime hurricane season for this neck of the woods and if its not storming, it's hot and muggy to the max. Of course, you'll have AC. And believe me you will use it at that time of the year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users