• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 smiling028

smiling028

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:36 PM

I feel like a kid before Christmas. 9 days and counting till we arrive for 14 days. We are from Indiana and have received 20 something inches of snow in the last 24 hours. They are calling for temps to be in the negative (-20) for the next week. Looking forward to enjoying the Coz weather. We hope to see a more authentic Coz this time. Any suggestions on where we should visit. We will have a car for our whole trip. Also I was wondering if Ernestos was still there...kinda by one of the piers I think. I recall that they have very good breakfast and that one of the waiters was named El Stockyo (don't know the real spelling but that is how it sounds)? Thanks....Christy

#2 jules55

jules55

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 06:20 AM

Six days for us. Staying for 7 days. I just hope we can get out. Nowata, OK got 21 inches and currently is -16. Just get me out of here!!

#3 ebvacationer

ebvacationer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 07:38 AM

Flying out of Houston next Friday, the 12th! Staying at the Cozumel palace for nine days! Can't wait! We too will be leaving bad weather -but not nearly as bad as ya'll's! Don't know about Ernesto's but I bet someone else will reply. Ver helpful board!!!

#4 Kandy

Kandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying retired life!

Posted 03 February 2011 - 09:41 AM

Ernesto's is still there. I've not been myself, but others on these forums have and write good things. I seem to recall reading that they moved, but I think it was just across the street. They are on the ocean side of Melgar.

I hope all of you have a wonderful time on the island. Regardless of the weather, it's great to be here!

Kandy
Living the Dream in Cozumel

#5 broylance

broylance

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 10:50 AM

Christy,
I am leaving in 9 days also and I am also from Indiana. We didn't get all the snow you got but we did get about 3 inches of ice. I think I might prefer snow to ice but I definitely prefer Cozumel to either. Can hardly wait!!!!

#6 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 12:18 PM

Ernesto's is across the street from Park Royal.

We (all of us locals) promise...no snow here. The only frost you will see will be in your glass.

Today, the temp is about 80...sun is out, Caribbean sea is flat.

Ahhhhhhhh

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#7 eaton53

eaton53

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:Bowling, Sports, Computers... I'm a Senior Product Designer and Engineering Project Manager. Been to Cozumel a few times.

Posted 03 February 2011 - 12:26 PM

I used to come down this time of year but I've decided April works better for me. Reasons:

1. It's cheaper.
2. Since it's past daylight savings time the sun's up an hour later.
3. When I come back I won't freeze my you-know-what off. 3 years ago this week I walked out of O-Hare airport into -15 degree weather. I thought I was gonna die.
4. Same trip I returned home to a glacier in my driveway. It could not be removed by any means other than waiting for it to melt.
5. Since it's closer to warm weather I might actually get to keep much of my tan.

April's nice because it's between shoveling and mowing. When I come back the house looks the same as when I left! Come on April 23!!

#8 Jean Mc

Jean Mc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 12:59 PM

Two days from now, we will be landing in Cozumel for a 14 day stay. Just shoveled 17.6 inches of snow yesterday and woke to -13F (wind chill -27) this morning. Sun is out, so all is well. Hubby plowed snow from 4:30 AM yesterday until well after midnight. He will go back out this evening with five trucks to haul snow. Do you think he'll be ready for a vacation? Besides shoveling snow and finding my car yesterday, I packed our bags. Bring it on!

#9 smiling028

smiling028

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:47 PM

Hope you have a great time. Where are you staying? We are going to be at the Coral Princess. Can't wait to lay in a hammock at the Rasta Bar on the East side. Where in Indiana are you at? We are flying out of O'Hara on the 12th.

#10 smiling028

smiling028

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:49 PM

Last year we went down in April and out of our 14 days it rained for half so we thought we would try a different time. Hope it nice and dry for you though. Have a great trip. :)

#11 broylance

broylance

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:19 AM

We are in Indianapolis and flying out of Indy. Staying at Casa Mexicana. Looking forward to sun, warmth, beach and great local food. Oh yeah and a few cold cervza's.

#12 EcoDeb

EcoDeb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Environment, Mom of a 3-yr-old

Posted 12 February 2011 - 05:26 AM

We're in Indianapolis too. So much ice!!! I'm shivering as I write this... We'll cruise into Coz on RCL's Navigator OTS next Saturday Feb. 19. Just for one day. Let's hope it's a day of sun and warmth! Oh please oh please oh please.

#13 KarenE

KarenE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 05:21 PM

10 days and counting!

#14 obispo49

obispo49

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 04:25 PM

Also arriving in Cozumel in about 10 days, from Michigan. Can hardly contain myself. Looking forward to blue sky and sea.
Hope to see all of you there.
obispo49

#15 pelagic_by_nature

pelagic_by_nature

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Scuba, Cozumel, Fish, All things aquatic

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:45 PM

Wow, lots of Michiganders coming down this month. 11 days, 20 hours, 25 minutes until my feet touch the tarmac, but hey, who's counting? :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users