• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sailboat47

sailboat47

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:01 AM

I am currently in Cozumel. I would prefer to do my own laundry rather than send it out via the hotel. Is there a self service laundromat and what type of coin does it take to use the machines?? Thank You!

#2 CZMDM

CZMDM

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 11:18 AM

Without knowing where you are staying, one of the easiest to find is on Calle 11, North side of street, between Ave. Melgar and Ave. 10..

Cozumel Diving

#3 sailboat47

sailboat47

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 03:34 PM

I am at Playa Azul. Any chance you know what type of change I need to bring?? Thanks for the info!!!!!

#4 carybut

carybut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:good people...clear water diving...Music- Listening or joining in on percussion..bicycling..fixing things....helping businesses grow through effective advertising....living permantly on the Isaland if I can figure out some sorta income.(Legally-of course)

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:50 PM

I do mine at Margarita Laundromat 11 ave sur between 5 and 10 on (Rafeal Melgar). It is 2 blocks east of Chedraaui and Mega.
I take my own detergent and it is $25 pesos per load (small) and the dryer holds about 2-3 loads at $44 pesos for 1/2 hour.
Just bring in ur clothes, put in wash and attendant puts in tokens. When you are done they will give you a bill for washing machines used and dryer time.
we generally do 4 loads, dry two, hang two to dry at home and pay about $130 pesos.

Or, just drop it off and say wash only and dry....no fabric softner, and they do it all and fold put in bags, dry and neat for about $15 pesos more per load plus 45 cents per bag and 50 cents for detergent per load approximatly.
Sunshine makes me happy!

#5 sailboat47

sailboat47

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 11:04 PM

Thank You so much!!

#6 sailboat47

sailboat47

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:49 AM

Thanks again for this suggestion. It worked out well. Did all my laundry for under 15 us dollars which is much better than the 100 us dollars I got charged when I stayed at Occidental Grand Cozumel and had half the amount of laundry that time. This board is great !

#7 atatt

atatt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Diving & getting away from it all!

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:31 PM

We will be at the Cozumel Palace in a couple of weeks and will also need to do some laundry. Last time we were there we used the laundry service across the street which was a bit expensive but we used them for the convenience. I have heard there is one somewhere down the street from Chedraui. Can anyone tell me the name? Also, if we drop off and pick up do we tell them no fabric softener? I know it's a silly question but I saw the post above mention it, I use it at home but didn't know if it was different there. Thanks for your help! 13 days and counting, can hardly wait!
Amy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users