6 replies to this topic

#1 DESERA

DESERA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:00 AM

Hello,

My husband and I are planning a trip to cozumel for the beginning of December we have never been to cozumel before except by cruise and that really isn't getting to spend anytime getting to know the area. And we are looking at cozumel palace as our resort. It looks very nice and I like the ideal of the all inclusive. Could anyone tell me about their experince with this resort. I was wanting to check to see how close it is to downtown and see what all is with in walking distance.

Thank you:)

#2 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:05 PM

I haven't stayed there. (I live on the island) but I can tell you that the location is close to ideal for enjoying downtown. You can easily walk to anything in the town -- all the restaurants, etc. And it's extremely close to two major grocery stores -- 1 and 4 blocks distance -- although at an all inclusive you wouldn't be needing those I don't suppose.

You will need to take a taxi or rental car to get to any snorkeling beach, however. There is a small but attractive man made beach in front of the hotel. Locals used to use it for lounging when the hotel was not an all inclusive back in the day.

#3 atatt

atatt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Diving & getting away from it all!

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:40 PM

We are members and have stayed there 8 times in the last 3 yrs, going on our 9th in 2 wks! I have to say the service is excellent and the staff is great, we have made some great friends there! The food is really good for an all inclusive but you should venture out once or twice for other meals. The first time we went I thought I would miss a beach but once we were there it never bothered us. Our dive op pics up at the hotel pier which is nice if you are a diver and use an off site dive op. It's also great because you are walking distance to town and we always make a few trips to Chedraui or Mega to pick up forgotten items. I know many people say don't stay at an all inclusive but I love it there. We do also get out and about but when some people go to all inclusives they stay on site, don't make that mistake. You can have a great balance of both if you choose. If you have any questions feel free to email me, I love to talk about the Palace, and even more so since our trip is so close! We love the island and everything it offers!
Amy

#4 obispo49

obispo49

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 09:11 AM

I agree about all inclusives. I have been to several and have liked all of them (although the beds at the Cozumeleņo were too hard for my wife). We do occasionally leave for some meals, but it isn't necessary. I have tried to get my wife to just rent a place for our vacation, but she says she doesn't want to cook, clean, etc. It's her vacation too! I guess we could rent a place and eat out for every meal, but that doesn't seem to appeal to her either. My experience is that the food at the all inclusives are very good, not gourmet. If you want everything to be like it is in the US, don't leave the US.
Obispo49

#5 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 17 February 2011 - 09:24 AM

Just so's you know, any vacation rental worth it's salt here will have maid service 6 days per week. Typically the maid comes in around 10 AM and is out by 1 PM. She washes all dishes, sweeps and washes the floor, changes the sheets usually, too, swabs out the bathroom. Bottled water is provided in 5 gallon jugs.

All inclusive food is not going to be as good as what you can get at the large variety of local restaurants -- particularly if you stay in or somewhat close to town. And having your own kitchen in a vacation rental doesn't really pressure me, at any rate, to feel I have to cook a lot of elaborate meals necessarily. It is just nice for breakfast, lunch and snacks. I don't know about you but I get kind of sick of eating hotel/restaurant food after about 3 days.

I travel a lot these days although my home is on Cozumel. I have been doing vacation rentals and nothing BUT vacation rentals for 15 years now. The value compared to staying at a hotel is unbelievable. You get a huge amount of common area, a kitchen, often more than one bathroom. Just no comparison in my book. Except in the states, maid service isn't included as it is at all the best places available here on the island.

#6 ericadawn

ericadawn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:15 PM

My husband & I are staying at Cozumel Palace for the 1st time in the end of April. We decided on it based on excellent reviews on Trip Advisor & several other websites. If you haven't been on Trip Advisor, go check out all the reviews & peruse the message boards in the Cozumel forum.

#7 ebvacationer

ebvacationer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:17 AM

Great advice on here from all the users, but especially atatt.
We are at the Palace right now - go back to Texas tomorrow. We will have been here 10 days.
My husbnd and I have been to many all-inclusives and I have to say this is the very BEST! I can't say enough about the service! Outstanding. And the food and drink quality is Great! (The only thing we are not crazy about is the wine - but you can go down to the Mega store and buy some there.)
We were surprised with the Points you receive when you get here - we received 2000 points which could be used for various outings or services in the resort. We opted for two romantic dinners with champagne, steak and lobster, etc. - both times very nice. Also, my husband had a massage and I had a hot stone massage and a relexation facial - Wonderful! And we still have almost 900 points to spend before we leave - will probably use those on photos made by their photographers....
Be sure to get a room facing the water - we have a jr jacuzzi suite and it is wonderful! Have had room service several times - breakfast, afternoon snack of smoked salmon and crackers and cheese, etc. (and the jacuzzi is huge!)
Your wish is their command - I asked the young man stocking our bar to leave us some wine and he did....he even went one time and brought back a bottle of chilled white wine in ice.
No problem getting chairs by the pool either. Can't say enough good about the place.
Great place to stay! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users