• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 01:39 PM

Just an FYI, when people post on your public site (kinda like your FB page)...we can all read it(just click on a name, and interesting comments come up)

The questions that where asked, and the concerns where legitimate.

1. How do alarm systems deal with the problems, such as stray animals, palm leaves, cats, etc. being addressed?

2. Is the alarm technology available here?

So, why would anyone find these questions to be fraudulent, or to degrade the person who is asking the questions?

I'm confused, are the alarm systems Richard has spoken of (does it have pattern recognition software to detect, and ignore an iguana from a human body) available here, or are you (Richard)selling them? That was the impression I got from your last post.

I'm not interested in rehashing a lot of BS, I just need to know if what you are talking about, is it available HERE.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#22 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 23 February 2011 - 02:02 PM

This thread was started to let people with homes here know that there's a couple offering alarm systems here on the island, Daniel and Terri, nice people and very respectable business people here so I expect they'd do a good job. I just threw in the other comments because I don't know much about the subject and wanted to stimulate discussion.

Richard, unless you are planning to go into business down here selling your services and equipment, your offers to supply this and that fancy high tech item are wasted on this audience and only, in fact, makes us feel a little sad and a little jealous that we can't get that kind of thing here right now.

If you wish to address yourself directly to questions and answers about what is actually available to homeowners here or can be brought down and self installed by same, that would be most helpful and appreciated.

But sometimes, in my opinion, the nuggets of great info you have to impart are difficult to shift out from the flood of jokes, asides and sarcasm that punctuate these postings.I find difficult to follow what you are saying. I keep losing the thread and I don't know when you are being sincere and when tongue is in cheeks. This is always a problem with written communications particularly amongst people who do not know each other well.

#23 TERRY7133

TERRY7133

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:42 PM

Very well put Carey .I hope that you have not upset Charles

#24 Richard W

Richard W

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, Scuba, Motorcycles

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:59 PM

I never said High Tech! I always said Cheap and Easy. Which part of that references High Tech? I was offering some Professional help.. BTW those cheap motion detectors CAN be zero in and focused..Yes everything is available at Home Depot .. It was at the one in Merida anyway.. I didn't start doing this a month ago..I was offering help to those who might ....want to do this on their own.. and Carey your PM is as it was before full..

#25 Charles

Charles

Guru

• Members
  • 3,143 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:22 PM

Very well put Carey .I hope that you have not upset Charles

Why should it upset me? I just happen to know how Richard thinks and had a good guess what he was offering, cheap and available. I have never met Richard, but have communicated with him for years and know his level of experience.

Daniel and Terri, what this thread started with, they are my among my very first friends on the island. I met my wife through them. I know both sides of their extended families.

#26 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:07 AM

I take it, Terry, you are referring to the fact that Charles also makes a lot of jokes and uses sarcasm in many of his postings. If so, that's a case in point. I know Charles well and because of this, I always know when he's joking or being sarcastic. (And I'm a fan of his humor, I'll have to say.)

Ricard I don't know personally. Hence my comments on that front.

Richard, if you can keep it simple and to the point so that neanderthals who need Security 101 for Dummies like me can figure it out, I know everyone who lives here would be mightily interested in low-tech easy to install yourself solutions for enhancing home security.

#27 TERRY7133

TERRY7133

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:59 AM

Once again you are dead on Carey . I apologize for my sarcasm but I just could not resist.

It is apparent to me that both Richard and Charles have valuable life experiences which could be beneficial to me nd others reading this forum.

This is just my opinion but -- they seem to dilute as well as pollute this advice or information thru humor/sarcasm , inuendo , and self -promotion of their experiences.

Many times I walk away wondering what they really meant to say !
I know it is not just me because I received all of my education in the great state of LOUISIANA.

#28 Free Richard

Free Richard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 04:57 PM

Hi.

We have owned house on the island for 6 years and we just had a burglary about 6 months ago. Daniel and Terry did our alarm and we are very happy with product. Of course we wish we had installed earlier. They have alot of options including install what they supply yourself. I am not an alarm expert but gives me peace of mind. Very loud when it goes off can hear 3 blocks away. Great people and great system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users