• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 Charles

Charles

Guru

• Members
  • 3,143 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 01:27 AM

There are a lot of dry limes out there, like you say, there is usually a few, but watch them now. I have the feel for them and really pick them out individually. I squeezed the juice for a large salad the other night and thought of you Mike. It was work, I got more juice than what would be needed for one margarita, but not enough for two. Given the price in the stores, $65 pesos is a real good deal.

Maharaja on 15 is half restaurant space. Their retail part has lots of room to expand if they want, easily could double and not be crowded. I'll occasionally get things there that are better than elsewhere It is convenient when the mercado is closed as they stay open late. Some of their prices are fair and within reason and then a few things like milk will be $19-20 pesos and every place else it is usually around $12. I think they stay open until 11:00PM. Like when they were across from the mercado, they have some deli meats and cheeses and they do carry some frozen items. They're close to you, closer than San Fransisco and easier, more pleasant environment. Limes are running $32-$35 a kilo and recently San Fransisco had bags of juice oranges outrageously cheap, like $30 pesos for a 20 kilo bag.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users