• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Atsododi

Atsododi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 09:30 PM

We have been to Cozumel 3 times before, but have never wanted to spend an entire day on the mainland because there are so many things we enjoy about Cozumel. This time down, we are considering going over to see a Mayan ruins site or two. Chichen Itza is just too much time wasted in transport for me and too much $$$ to fly. I could have swore I used to see Coba & Tulum combo tours all the time, but can't find any now. Do you know of any tours that visit both sites in one day? We are having a tough time deciding between the two and would love to see them both, but can't bring ourselves to spend TWO days off the island. We've also heard that renting a car and driving ourselves would be easy enough but since we've never been to this area, we are a little leary of that idea.

#2 2islandbums

2islandbums

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Interests:Diving/ working to get dive money.

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:17 AM

Why not try the ADO bus from Playa fast safe and no worries about getting lost. Not sure how much it cost but I know it is much cheaper than a rental car.
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.

Albert Einstein,

#3 Atsododi

Atsododi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:37 AM

Does the bus go to both Tulum and Coba?

#4 mlfoto

mlfoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:Photography, diving, river running, guitar, tomatoes, chiles. Latinjourneys.net
    Mandjphoto.com

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:16 AM

Why not check the ADO web site for schedules and prices?

http://www.adogl.com.mx/en/index.htm

#5 dawn

dawn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:57 AM

can anyone let me now how to get to tulum and car rental price thanks

#6 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Ducatis, Dorkdom

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:41 AM

We rent cars from Isis Rentadora Playa del Carmen (a Google search will locate it for you) and drive. It's a great day trip from the island, and there are some nice places to stop for tacos, etc. along the way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users