• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cdlu

cdlu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:39 PM

Don and I saw a HUGE Spotted Eagle Ray Saturday morning! Unfortunately it was our last morning to get to snorkle before our plane left that afternoon and we had already shot up all our underwater camera shots.
We were staying at the Fontan and were snorkeling southward and were somewhere in the area out in front of the Coral Princess when we saw it.
He was soooo big! About 5-6 ft. wide and his tail about 7ft long! Huge head! Just beautiful!
We also saw some beautiful fish out in front of the Fontan and at Chankanaab.
We also snorkeled at Punta Sur (and yes it is a long swim out there to the reef which wasn't bad, the swim back in was the worst part) Beautiful fan corals and fish.
Cindy

#2 Dan&Brenda

Dan&Brenda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:14 PM

We saw one in the shallow water in front of our resort 20 miles south of Playa, last year, in Feb. It was incredible!!!

#3 cozdude

cozdude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:rock & ice climbing, mountaineering, snowboarding, diving, mountain biking, mixed martial arts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:54 PM

I dove "Eagle Ray Wall" for my first time this past trip (Jan. 7-14). One of the coolest dives I've done in all my trips to Coz. Saw about a dozen of them, coming at us in squadrons of three like fighter planes, at times within just 8-10 feet. AMAZING dive! Beautiful creatures! Video here:

My link

#4 dawnb

dawnb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, cooking, gardening, jewelry making, reading

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:18 PM

That was awesome, Cozdude! Thanks!

#5 MarkC

MarkC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:00 AM

@Cozdude - thank you - my sister, bro in law and GF loved the video... Oh, and so did I... lol
“Corona con lima, Corona with lime... Todo el tiempo, hey all of the time... Con mucho gusto, I’m havin such a good time... Corona con lima, Corona with lime...”

#6 DanB

DanB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Interests:Dan:history/culture;scuba diving;photography;music; Claudia:artist

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:32 AM

Great video! Thanks for posting it! Where is 'Eagle Ray Wall'? What depth were you at for the video?

#7 MarkC

MarkC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:24 PM

http://reefsofcozume...es/reefmap.html
“Corona con lima, Corona with lime... Todo el tiempo, hey all of the time... Con mucho gusto, I’m havin such a good time... Corona con lima, Corona with lime...”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users