9 replies to this topic

#1 nanny

nanny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:reading, travel, decorating

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:43 PM

Anyone out there who is willing to give some 1ST hand info on the doctor in Cozumel who is offering Botox, Jevaderm, etc? I believe she is an eye doctor/surgeon. Would love to follow Carey's information but till I win the lottery, I'll take what I can get.

OLD AGE SUCKS

If you don't want to post on board could you send me an e-mail? I promise to keep your secret

#2 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:54 PM

Concepcion Planas is a good one for filler. Although her prices are pretty much the same as the Cancun plastic surgeon from whom I got the MAC Lift. For filler doctors charge by the syringe. That's how its priced. The MAC Lift was actually a much more economical alternative long term. Fillers typically cost between $4000 and $5000 pesos per syringe. It could take 5 syringes or more for a 'liquid face lift'. And you have to have it redone every 6-12 months. If you have filler put in at the same time you're having some sort of surgical procedure, the doc in Cancun gets those prices down to what must be close to his cost.

#3 ljohnson

ljohnson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Salsa Dancing, Kiteboarding, Scuba Diving, and living in Paradise

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:41 PM

Also just got this info regarding cosmetic procedures here in Cozumel:

PLASTIC SURGERY AT CMC MARCH 12 - Board-certified, reknown and experienced plastic surgeon, Dr. Alejandro Duarte, will be giving consultations on March 12, 2011 at the CMC Hospital. All types of cosmetic procedures performed: eyelids, arm lift, facelift, minifacelift, tummy tuck, implants, scar repair, nasal surgery and more. English Spoken. Financing available. Appointment space is limited so reserve now 872 9400.

Obviously March 12 is just a consultation day, but I imagine he's planning to return to the island in the future to offer procedures. I found out he is the current President of the Mexican Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery International, he is also accredited with the International Society Aesthetics Plastic Surgery.
Laura Johnson
www.salsacozumel.com

#4 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:41 PM

Sounds great. And about time we got someone good here! Now howsabout a dermatologist for lord's sake.

However, anyone interested in the MAC Lift should specifically ask if he performs this procedure. It is fairly new in the US and Mexico. The Doc in Cancun went to Belgium to learn it I believe. I mention this because I interviewed 5 plastic surgeons in Southern California and none of them performed the far less invasive but just as effective and long lasting for the right candidates MAC Lift.

The docs I interviewed were all still doing the old-fashioned type which takes literally months from which to recover. Anyone who goes in for a consult, ask him about this and let people know for future reference. This is not a mini lift, not a 'thread lift' it's a very specific procedure which stands for a minimal access cranial suspension lift, and good candidates are people that don't look really horrible already but the writing is all the wall. It corrects neck wrinkles, jowling and sagging cheekbones.

#5 chicagofamilia

chicagofamilia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:00 PM

Could you please give me the name/number of the Cancun plastic surgeon? My email is hotpants1@comcast.net. Thanks

#6 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:19 PM

perfection.com.mx is their website. I don't know the phone off hand. Ask for Robyn. She's an American who does all the go-betweening with anyone who isn't pretty fluent in Spanish.

#7 pecas

pecas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:29 PM

Carey - CMC also has a dermatologist.

#8 chicagofamilia

chicagofamilia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:33 PM

I'm so excited, thank you! Gotta focus and raise funds now for my reinvention :)))

#9 nauticab

nauticab

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 07:57 PM

the dermotologist at CMC is great and has a special price for locals. does not go for the most expensive route either. very straight forward and fair and honest. alex really liked him and took care of his very painful planters wart without burning it....cured in a month.
Cabrilla's Sport Center
Calle 11 % Melgar y 10av
Edificio Portales, Local 1
Dressing Fishermen and Triathletes from Head to Toe

#10 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:20 AM

website for CMC which lists all the available services.
http://www.costamed.com.mx/

Also, if you click under Insurance, it lists all available insurance they handle directly.

The reason I mention this is that we have recently changed our medical policy from an international health carrier in the states, to AXA.

We choose AXA for a couple of reasons;

I went to both CMC, and San Miguel Clinic (which is the only two places I would go) and asked which insurance they process, and which out of that list was (in their professional opinion) the easiest, and best to work with.

In both cases, they selected AXA as the best medical insurance out of the total list.

There are two types of policies you can purchase with AXA.
The first is for medical care anywhere in Mexico. It includes emergency care, as well as office visits, dental, eye, and prescription.

The second policy that AXA offers includes all of Mexico, and while traveling outside of Mexico.

Both policies are available for holders of Tourist Visa, or FM3/2. You do not need to have residence status to purchase the yearly renewable heath insurance.

The deductible for the IN country policy is $6,000M.N. and the policy costs is $18,085 M.N. per year, per person (for our age group, yours may be different).

The deductible for Mexico, and OUT of country is $6,000 M.N and the policy costs $30,183 M.N.

Our policy costs may be higher due to our age, so you may want to consider that when doing comparisons on available policies, or purchasing any international heath insurance.

Our international insurance had excellent coverage, including airlift (not on next available commercial flight), but the deductible was $5,000 usd's. Thank goodness, we never used it.

We purchased our policy from Irma(speak English) or Kathy (little English spoken) which is at the corner of 30th, and 11 (yellow building, south side of 11) Go through the double doors, up the stairs, and turn right to reach the office.

Landmarks, would be Fiesta Car Rental, and an ATM machine inside one of the doors.

Irma's email address is:irmacantarell@netscape.net

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users