• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zxrider

zxrider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:29 AM

I just received word that Gavin Scott, 1/3 owner and Managing Director at the Sabor / Wyndham resort, along with several of his accountants were arrested today by the Mexican Federal Police for embezzling $12 million dollars from the resort.

We are timeshare owners at the Reef Regency club there and are booked to be there along with extended family next month. Needless to say, I am somewhat stressed out about this news.

Anybody hear anything about this?

#2 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:21 PM

I read in the paper(s)a month or so ago, that there is a legal case pending, and there was a demand made for the $12m in receipts that was in question.

The arrest of Mr. Gavin appears to be part of the on going legal case, and it has now escalated to charges.

I would not be overly concerned about your upcoming stay at the resort. As you state, Mr. Gavin is 1/3 owner, therefore there are other owners, and management that will keep the place up and running, to my way thinking.

I am sure the marketing department is busy working on a script to tell the clients who contact them about this latest news, and to calm any fears, and concerns...

All you can do at this point is move forward, stick with your plans, and keep your ears open to any changes.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#3 jrchilton

jrchilton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 05:13 PM

I am a member of the Regency Club, the timeshare portion of the Sabor/Reef/Wyndham (or whatever they are calling it today!?!!) and we have more information on a Regency Club Members forum.

Regency Club members are a bit of a diaspora, dispersed all across North America. We're attempting to gather up other members and get organized to protect our interests so I appreciate being able to post here.

However, it doesn't appear that the embezzlement charges will affect hotel guests or the general public so this isn't the place to go into detail. I encourage Regency Club Members to come over and join our ongoing conversation on the private forum.

We can always use help from locals. Please contact me privately (email is on my profile) if you hear any significant news.

Thanks!

Janet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users