• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tarrenn

Tarrenn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:07 PM

My wife and I will be visiting Cozumel from a cruise ship in early May. With the limited time (dock @ 10am, depart @6pm), we've been researching options for what to do while there that will be outside the cruisetours. I'll preface the rest by saying we are both large people, so anything destined for skinny folks will not work. That being said, we'd like to (well, the wife especially) do some shore snorkeling and some light sightseeing. We aren't big drinkers, and we aren't in the best shape, either.

We are thinking of renting a car(jeep?) and heading south of town to one of the beach clubs there to do the snorkeling. Is there a one that would be above the rest for not-so-great swimmers, as I don't think we'd deal with a strong current all that well? Also, as that would probably not take our whole time, would a couple of hours spare be sufficient to look at the eastern side of the island? (not for swimming obviously, just for looking around).

Thanks for any suggestions!

#2 jic811

jic811

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:54 PM

Palancar beach club about last one down and ask for BTO (ba to) Good beach, food.

#3 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:02 PM

I think your idea of renting a car is a good one. Palancar is a pretty, laid back beach club in the old Mexican style. However there is no snorkeling at all here unless you take a boat out to the reef and as you are not strong swimmers, this wouldn't be for you. So you could rent the car, drive south to the Money Bar and try your hand at snorkeling there for an hour or two.

Back in the car and continue south and if you want another beach stop, try Palancar Beach club. A drive along the wild eastern facing and undeveloped coast is a beautiful experience in an open car. There is an exploring on your own by car article in the Things to Do section which can be accessed by the link at the top of the page. It suggests a specific route. Take a look at that and then ask more questions if it interests you.

#4 Guest_pecosgirl_*

Guest_pecosgirl_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:56 PM

yes, rent a car and see the east side. You will find the entry for snorkeling so much easier at Corona Beach than at Money Bar. At CB it's flat and has sand bags to step on. At Money Bar it's slippery steps. I've busted my A$$ there before. I'm a fluffy woman and always have a great time on the island. I always get out there and go for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users