3 replies to this topic

#1 tdp

tdp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:16 AM

Hello everyone,

My family and I will be in Cozumel in April. We are very excited, but we have an issue coming home; maybe we should just stay:)

We were supposed to fly out of Cozumel, however AA changed their flight times and now we won't make our connecting flight in Dallas. So, to solve the problem we have to fly out of Cancun instead. We want to email customer service at AA to complain about the additional cost that we will now incur because of them. Can someone please tell me the cost of riding the ferry and a bus to Cancun for 7 people? Also, has this ever happened to anyone else? Has anyone every contacted AA and were you successful?

Thanks for your time.

TDP

#2 nauticab

nauticab

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:42 AM

one way ferry is about 160 pesos pp, bus is about 120 pesos per person. so about $25usd each and an extra 2 hours of commuting time.
airfares for march and april are outrageous and i am having to do my travelling via cancun. sucks but several hundred dollars cheaper.
Cabrilla's Sport Center
Calle 11 % Melgar y 10av
Edificio Portales, Local 1
Dressing Fishermen and Triathletes from Head to Toe

#3 Charles

Charles

Guru

• Members
  • 3,143 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 02:31 PM

Nauticab is correct in cost and travel time, but keep in mind, the ferry doesn't run every hour, you may have just missed the bus and have to wait 45 minutes for the next one. It could well cost you four extra hours vs going to the Cozumel airport, doing check in, maybe even walking off grounds to have lunch. It is so much more relaxing. The other possible option is flying via Mayair which does do code sharing under Aeromexico, cost about $70 dollars one way. I don't mind flying into Cancun, but I absolutely hate departures. I hope your schedule departure is after noon as mornings are really pushing it. Cancun can be busy and I believe the standard recommended time to arrive before an International flight is three hours. Depending on how busy they are, both check in and security clearance can take time. It is these flight connections and the high cost of flying into Cozumel that is killing tourism here. Personally given a choice, I'd gladly pay significantly more to fly in and out of Cozumel. And remember they lowered the price of the ferry when people were so outraged. It is bargain priced at only $155 pesos and to prove they are not a monopoly and charge the same, Ultramar charges $156, a peso more. If the weather is rough, then double the hassle of the ferry.

Any chance of doing an overnight since you will miss your original planned connection? I'd surely would pay the price to stay in a hotel in the States close to the airport to avoid Cancun. It is far from the worst airport I have used, but what a way to end or begin a trip.

#4 Sandy H

Sandy H

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 03:43 PM

I think if AA changed their schedule after tix were purchased so that you can't make your connection [ASSUMING that the connecting flight is also on AA], they are obligated to get you on an alternate flight out that same day, even with another airline, or pay for overnight accommodations. I would contact AA customer service direct and check it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users