ROLANDI'S IS FINALLY OPEN

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 TC

TC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:An avid cook, sailor and all around water-baby, our bareboat sailing and diving adventures have taken us to ports in the Carribbean, French Polynesia, Thailand, Africa and Australia where we lived on-board for weeks at a time interacting only with locals. But our special love is Cozumel -- where we spend much of each winter for the sun, the food and the reefs. 2013 will be our 20th year at the Coral Princess. When not on the beach, I travel world wide as a courier for The National Marrow Donor Program - transporting donated bone marrow to leukemia patients in need. Next big adventure.....Botswana!

Posted 01 April 2010 - 09:10 AM

Funny story about opening week at Rolandi's. 4 of us went for dinner. Might have been the second day they were open. We ordered the calamari starter and 4 entre's. Wine was poured, we waited and waited and waited -- out came the entre's. When we asked about our starter the waiter replied, "oh we could do it that way" -- as in, so you want your starter first? Too funny. They whisked away the entre's, we waited some more, the starter appeared and later we got our mains back again -- a bit cold, but still good.

The first try was during cool weather of March and we sat inside. I would not recommend this. It is extremely noisy inside especially with the glass doors closed. On a second try, my husband and I stopped for a glass of wine at the bar and stayed for pizza. It is lovely outside and much more apppealing for conversation. We thought the pizza prices were in line with Guido's, maybe a bet less. It is quite easy to see the connection with Guido's -- many of the same items on the menu and those signature yellow chairs.

I'd go again if the weather is good enough to sit outside. However, what is the deal with the swimming pool near the bar? That seemed odd to us.

#22 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 12:31 PM

I stopped going to Guido's a number of years ago. Prices got higher, and the food portions got smaller.

Will go to Rolandi's after the training session is completed.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#23 Barefoot

Barefoot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:42 PM

Went to Rolandi's with clients and had a wonderful meal. I ordered the lasagna and it was a generous portion. Took half of it home. Others had shrimp and were very pleased. My clients ordered a dessert for me that I had never heard of. It was a light vanilla custard (no, not flan, lighter than flan) served with a raspberry sauce. Delicious! One "beware": the uncorking fee is 250 pesos, so if you want wine, it might be worth it to purchase theirs. We had the table closest to the ocean, closest to Margaritaville and the music from Margaritaville was barely noticeable. Big plus is live music at Rolandi's, Thursdays through Saturdays: light jazz and old favorites, Dave on sax with quality backing tracks.

Must agree with Midori for sushi, which I get about once a week, and Chi for quality Chinese food. The Chi take out place next to Telmex is another I hit pretty frequently. At 10 pesos a serving, I get a double helping of a main dish and one serving of fried rice for 30 pesos. A great economical meal!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users