• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 BamaGram

BamaGram

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:11 AM

Is there a way to go to Cancun but boat? I dont want to rent one and go, but is there someone on Cozumel that does that sort of thing? I know it wouldnt be to short of a trip but still a thought

#2 CZMDM

CZMDM

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:19 AM

No there is not.

Cozumel Diving

#3 BamaGram

BamaGram

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:36 AM

Ok, well do you know how much a taxi might cost to take us from Playa to Cancun? And how long it takes to get there?

#4 sailsgal

sailsgal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Interests:diving, writing, water sports, sailing, travel.

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:48 AM

A taxi from Playa to Cancun can be various prices, depending on how many people. It can be anything from $50 - $90 each way.
The bus which is very nice and goes at regular times (every 1/2 hour) takes approx 1 hour to downtown Cancun and costs $4.00 US$....to the airport it is 45 mins and is $8.00 US$ each way.
Susan aka Sailsgal
www.cozumeltours.com

#5 BamaGram

BamaGram

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:54 AM

Ok great, I found some taxi prices, its 2 people, and I figured that same amount. What is the bus website called? Do I buy tickets for the bus in advance? And where does the bus pick us up? Does the font of the bus say Cancun on it? I dont want to get on the wrong bus

#6 BamaGram

BamaGram

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:04 AM

I also found some buses but they say they go to the airport in Cancun. We want to go over and check out the city, do any of the buses drop you off like in the middle of the city/along the ocean front? We want to go and party a little before coming back to Cozumel.

#7 BamaGram

BamaGram

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:30 AM

Whats the website for the bus to take you to Cancun? I want to look it up

#8 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:47 AM

Take the ferry to Playa then walk to the bus station. Take a bus to downtown Cancun. From there take a taxi to anywhere you want to go.

http://www.ado.com.mx/ado/index.jsp

#9 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:02 PM

Here's a step by step guide.

Take the ferry to Playa del Carmen.
Get off and walk straight ahead one block up a fairly steep (for the Yucatan) hill.
At the top of the hill, turn right.
Walk one block watching for a MacDonalds restaurant upstairs on a corner.
Right across the street from the Macs is the bus station.
Since you don't want to go to the airport, there is a special line and ticket booth for the bus to Cancun which leaves approx every 20 minutes.
It is all by itself just as you enter the station. Way over by itself and right next to the first bus parking stall you'd come to when you walk in the door.
Buy your ticket there -- don't get a round trip and hop on the bus if it's there or wait 5 minutes if its not.

You have two choices getting off in Cancun. Some people get off at Plaza de las Americas, a big shopping mall which now has a giant, fancy version of a Liverpool's department store behind it. about 8 minutes later the bus stops at the central bus station in downtown Cancun.

Easy to get taxis from either Plaza de las Americas or the downtown bus station that will take you places like Sam's and Costco.

For the trip back, again, the buses leave with great frequency. Buy your ticket from a booth that is smack dab in the center of the station and says Playa del Carmen over it. Again, hop on the bus and away you go.

I hate going to Cancun. It's exhausting no matter how you cut the mustard because of all the waiting around mostly. And the heat. And then you have to haul your stuff back with you.

Consider seeing if you can find what you need in Playa would be my advice. Also kinda exhausting but not nearly so much so. I always come back from one of those trips just dragging along feeling really sorry for myself -- no matter how cheerful I was when I started. It sounds so good. It's not unless you score big on an item you really really wanted and couldn't get on the island for even $100 more. That's my opinion anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users