13 replies to this topic

#1 kansas diver

kansas diver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Diving, skiing, travel

Posted 19 March 2011 - 02:16 PM

Just wanted to know if you are hearing anything. We (owners) have heard (now KNOW) the Houston office is closed and the resort is charging members who originally booked and paid through Houston to pay again. Seems Houston took the money and never sent it to Cozumel. I saw, thanks to your good posts, about some of the owners and accountants getting hauled off for embezzlement. Please post anything you hear or sent me an email yoststuff@yahoo.com thanks craig PS: It appears that the Houston office was somehow a separate operation from Cozumel, still trying to figure it out. See post below for owners discussion site.

#2 jcl

jcl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 11:03 AM

I am a guest of a member, going down for a week in April. We have stayed at the Regency Club, as a guest of this member, for the last 4 years. I contacted the hotel directly to inquire about some things and it was the reservations clerk who informed me that while they had my reservation on file, I would need to pay them directly, due to Houston no longer doing their reservations. Luckily, I paid the Houston office with my AMEX and have disputed the charge - AMEX has already issued my refund. I cannot get a hold of anyone in Houston - just a recorded message that they are in meetings all day!

#3 scuba

scuba

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:21 PM

I am a guest of a member, going down for a week in April. We have stayed at the Regency Club, as a guest of this member, for the last 4 years. I contacted the hotel directly to inquire about some things and it was the reservations clerk who informed me that while they had my reservation on file, I would need to pay them directly, due to Houston no longer doing their reservations. Luckily, I paid the Houston office with my AMEX and have disputed the charge - AMEX has already issued my refund. I cannot get a hold of anyone in Houston - just a recorded message that they are in meetings all day!

Warning...do everything through the hotel in Cozumel. Cozumel claims pre-paid maintenance and all-inclusive fees paid and receipted in Houston have not (for 2 months) been forwarded and the hotel asks pre-paid guest TO PAY AGAIN!!!!! Houston is not answering the phone or e-mails. Some blogs about embezzelment,arrests, etc. The rules (now very much more restrictive and just announced / and contrary to contracts)really limit children. The result for the resort (Reef Club/ Wyndum/Sabor/next week????) has been a financial disaster. It was always full Christmas through Spring Break....now running 40%??? There have been no announcements on web sites, e-mails, etc via the Regency Club or the Sabor as to what is going on with Regency Club but....SOMETHING IS CERTAINLY IS CERTAIMLY WRONG

#4 jcl

jcl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:19 PM

when you say: "the rules (now very much more restrictive and just announced / and contrary to contracts)really limit children." Can you tell me more? Last year they still allowed our teens to use the tennis/basketball courts and to do the activities in the main pool - is this not the case anymore? I'm trying to figure out how we will keep the teens busy on 'off-diving' days, and am considering renting a car to get off the property to do things if there aren't any things for them to do there anymore.

#5 GaryM

GaryM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Scuba, motorcycles, shooting, sailing, ATVs

Posted 23 March 2011 - 01:01 PM

Houston office is not answering the phone nor is it replying to emails. All prepaids will have to pay again if they prepaid through houston. Reservations are still valid, you just don't get credit for the you already paid. If you call them direct (Cozumel location) you can talk to them there but the info they have in rather incomplete.
I.E.
We made reservations for Apr back in Dec of 2010. We prepaid for accomodations but not all inclusive. We also paid our 2011 membership fee back in Oct 2010.
When we made our reservations our cost was 604.00, 340.00 was membership fee credit and 264.00 was paid by credit card.
When I talked to them at the CZM office they said we will owe the entire 604.00 and of course the all inclusive fee. I do not think the gentleman I talked to understood my question about getting credit for my membership dues.
So, when we get there we will have to pay either 264.00 (if we still get membership fee credit) or 604.00 if we do not. Since the all inclusive was NOT paid in advance we will suffer no loss on it. I do think others have lost credit for their prepaid all inclusive fees.
Damnit, youth really is wasted on the young...

#6 kansas diver

kansas diver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 08:03 PM

when you say: "the rules (now very much more restrictive and just announced / and contrary to contracts)really limit children." Can you tell me more? Last year they still allowed our teens to use the tennis/basketball courts and to do the activities in the main pool - is this not the case anymore? I'm trying to figure out how we will keep the teens busy on 'off-diving' days, and am considering renting a car to get off the property to do things if there aren't any things for them to do there anymore.

when I was down there in August I think 16 or 17's could go over to the main part i what I heard. ask over on the owners board, sent you an email through here yesterday

#7 zzzScuba

zzzScuba

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Scuba Diving, Motorcycles

Posted 24 March 2011 - 06:40 AM

Regency Club members can get more detailed information, here:
Regency Club Member Bulletin Board
Registration is required to gain access to the site.

#8 delta4

delta4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:27 PM

I am a member and travelling in a few weeks. I registered on the member board but am awaiting "staff approval". What will it take to be approved?

#9 kansas diver

kansas diver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:39 AM

I am a member and travelling in a few weeks. I registered on the member board but am awaiting "staff approval". What will it take to be approved?

Donna and a couple of others are the administrators, they check it a couple of times a day.

#10 kansas diver

kansas diver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:40 AM

Administrator checks it a couple of times a day to approve new requests, give her a little while and try again.

#11 delta4

delta4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:25 PM

Administrator checks it a couple of times a day to approve new requests, give her a little while and try again.

Still no approval. I would like to interact on the member board. How do I make it work?

#12 kansas diver

kansas diver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 10:07 AM

ck your e-mails for a confirmation. Admin just went down to coz. yesterday, i'll ping the backup admin to see if he can fix you up.

#13 N2Futur

N2Futur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 02:08 PM

I am too am waiting for approval....

#14 SherryO

SherryO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 08:19 PM

We too are members of Regency & are getting mixed messages. Houston is blaming the resort & saying someone there took the money. The resort is blaming Houston. We want to go back to the resort this year but are afraid of getting ripped off. They are asking us to fill out a form with our credit card info & email it back to an unsecure site. They stated this was the only way we could make reservations now.

Has anyone one else ran into this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users