11 replies to this topic

#1 guitarist

guitarist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 554 posts
  • Interests:music, family history research, gardening

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:24 AM

is there a hospital here or in cancun where they can regulate a heart defibrulator

#2 DebB

DebB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:36 AM

The Cruz Roja has a defibrillator in each of its ambulances and there is also one in the ER of the clinic. All are capable of monitoring as well as shocking. Does this answer your question? Or do you have a unit that needs service?

#3 guitarist

guitarist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:55 AM

The Cruz Roja has a defibrillator in each of its ambulances and there is also one in the ER of the clinic. All are capable of monitoring as well as shocking. Does this answer your question? Or do you have a unit that needs service?

no its been fitted to the heart and needs regular checks every 3 months Its not for me a friend has just had the operation in usa and wants to return when fit but needs to find the nearest hospital that can do this

#4 DebB

DebB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:29 AM

Ahh, your friend has an ICD. Place to start looking is to contact any cardiologist.

My neighbor in NY specializes in ICD surgery. I'm trying to get his email address so I can ask if he has a colleague in Cancun or Merida.

#5 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 03:58 PM

CMC has a Cardiologies, Dr. Chavez, and he is GREAT!!!!! He is my doctor.

He speaks English, as well as the most of the staff at CMC.

Dr. Eduardo Chávez Márquez
DIRECTOR MEDICO
GRUPO COSTAMED
Medicina Interna / Cardiología
email address: docchavez@gmail.com
DGP 3081919
CMC 2213
Calle 1a. Sur No. 101, Cozumel Quintana Roo.
(01987) 872-9400
Ext. 2110
From USA (011-52-987 872-9400)
Celular (987) 871 4398

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#6 guitarist

guitarist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:36 AM

thanks to Deb and Paula will follow up on the cmc link

#7 guitarist

guitarist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:39 AM

CMC has a Cardiologies, Dr. Chavez, and he is GREAT!!!!! He is my doctor.

He speaks English, as well as the most of the staff at CMC.

Dr. Eduardo Chávez Márquez
DIRECTOR MEDICO
GRUPO COSTAMED
Medicina Interna / Cardiología
email address: docchavez@gmail.com
DGP 3081919
CMC 2213
Calle 1a. Sur No. 101, Cozumel Quintana Roo.
(01987) 872-9400
Ext. 2110
From USA (011-52-987 872-9400)
Celular (987) 871 4398

#8 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:05 AM

I emailed the contact I had at CMC, and her reply is as follows (good thing I didn't need the cardiologist)...

Unfortunately Dr Chavez is not anymore at CMC, but we have another cardiologist at Costamed Playa del Carmen. You can make the appointment with Dr Lugo 984 803 7777 or tell me when is it possible for your friend and I'll try arrange an appointment at CMC

contact information to arrange an appt, or for additional information as the following email address in Cozumel:
relaciones.publicas@costamed.com.mx

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#9 guitarist

guitarist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 12:54 PM

I emailed the contact I had at CMC, and her reply is as follows (good thing I didn't need the cardiologist)...

Unfortunately Dr Chavez is not anymore at CMC, but we have another cardiologist at Costamed Playa del Carmen. You can make the appointment with Dr Lugo 984 803 7777 or tell me when is it possible for your friend and I'll try arrange an appointment at CMC

contact information to arrange an appt, or for additional information as the following email address in Cozumel:
relaciones.publicas@costamed.com.mx

#10 guitarist

guitarist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 12:55 PM

thanks Paula wow things change so quickly here I will ring playa and see what comes up thanks again

#11 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 01:09 PM

you can work with CMC here, I think her name is Lilly who is available via the Public Relations email address: relaciones.publicas@costamed.com.mx

sorry about the misinformation, but I'm surprised as well.

But, Playa is close, and Cozumel, CMC can manage everything (or at least that is the impression I have).

I did get an email from the doctor...he is working on one of the cruise ships until Aug.

Anonymous

#12 DebB

DebB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 09:52 PM

Finally heard from my neighbor. His first recommendation for a first visit after surgery was exactly what I expected: See the guy who put it in.

Optionally, he said that adjustments are brand specific -- that is, your friend needs to find someone who's familiar with the brand unit that his doctor used.

Step 1 is to call the original surgeon and find out what mfr. and model he installed.
Step 2 is to get on the internet, find the mfr's site, and ask the company for the name & contact info of the field technician who covers Mexico, and if possible, this area of Mexico. Pacemaker mfrs. have field techs in all parts of the world.
Step 3 is to contact the field tech to ask for a recommendation for a doctor in the area who can adjust this ICD.

Our neighbor is also checking his registry for cardiologists in Mexico, but he can't tell from the registry what brand units they use.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users