Photo

Great Reliable Home Improvements services!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Xuxan

Xuxan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Golfing; scuba diving -- enjoy capturing the dives on video and stitch it into film; horseback riding; makes my day when I discovered good restaurants that served good food at a good price; loves spicy food; enjoys cooking (when in the mood!); travel.

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:18 AM

Check this out...

We bought a house here in Cozumel this past December. Gleaning the experineces that members of this Forum shared so generously and doing our research, the move really went smoothly. Right before the move, we saw a posting by Carol McClutheon who was looking for someone to take over the employment of her 2 domestic helpers as she was about to leave Cozumel and move back to the States. We contacted Carol, and subsequently hired the two ladies. With the transition went seamlessly, and no lost of income was incurred to either of the helpers.

The house we bought is wonderful, but like anything intimate, there is always work to be done to make the home 'our home'. Fortunately, the husband of one our domestic helper is a... well, he did the following:

Raised and cemented our kitchen floor;
Did beautiful tile works to our kitchen floor and counter
Removed one wall and extended another in our master bedroom/bathroom area that the cement work flows seamlessly
Paint the walls
Recommends other tradesmens and businesses, such as: curtain/blind shops; screen doors -- to butchers.
Best things are, not only does he shows up for work everyday (and he works from Monday- Saturday and I have to ask him for a day off to play golf. We had a good laugh over that one!), but he cleans up!

I arrived in Cozumel on April 4, so I will leave my Spanish ability to your imagination. Gaspa (by the way, that's his name) understand more English than he can speak. But with the Google Translator, in that one month's time, we had so much accomplished that my husband said he felt like a whirlwind has blown through the house.

Gaspa will tell us if the tradesmen is asking for too much. And if the people he recommended dragged their feet, he will take it upon himself to stop by their place and let them know. The guy is a rare gem! If any expa would have come upon this guy, I certainly will like to know. So keep him in mind. He can be reached at his cell#: 987-111-3655

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users