• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 El Graduado

El Graduado

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:34 PM

I planted 20 of my 100 del padron pepper seeds, and 16 have sprouted. Anyone out there like to trade for herbs? If you are not familiar with this pepper, it comes from Spain. It is a very popular tapa there. When you pick them young, you can lightly saute them in olive oil and salt for a tasty snack. When they are young, only about 5% on every bush are hot. The rest are 0 on the Scoville scale. They all look alike, though, so you never know if you are popping a hot one or not. The plants grow to about 4 feet high (in the US, these are my first seedlings here on the island) and with six plants we used to harvest enough peppers every other day for a nice plate full. If you let them go to seed, they all eventualy get hot.

#2 cozumelmx

cozumelmx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:15 AM

I planted 20 of my 100 del padron pepper seeds, and 16 have sprouted. Anyone out there like to trade for herbs? If you are not familiar with this pepper, it comes from Spain. It is a very popular tapa there. When you pick them young, you can lightly saute them in olive oil and salt for a tasty snack. When they are young, only about 5% on every bush are hot. The rest are 0 on the Scoville scale. They all look alike, though, so you never know if you are popping a hot one or not. The plants grow to about 4 feet high (in the US, these are my first seedlings here on the island) and with six plants we used to harvest enough peppers every other day for a nice plate full. If you let them go to seed, they all eventualy get hot.

Hi, my name is terry and I live on the island. I also love gardening and especially love growing herbs. I would
be happy to help you get started. Maybe you already know this but HOME DEPOT in Cancun has a nice selection of herbs in their garden department.... I bought: Basil, thyme and rosemary plants...very cheap and healthy looking. If you you are interested stop-by: Ave 11 and 55 (on the corner on 11th) yellow casa.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users