#1 La Administradora

La Administradora

Advanced

• Root Admin
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:05 PM

Registering and/or Logging In.

If you were a registered member of the old board and remember your password, you can use that to log on. If you can't remember your password and registered with a valid email address that you still remember, you can ask to have a temp sent to you. If you can't remember this either, email talktous@cozumelmycozumel.com and we'll send you a temp to get you in.

New people will need to register. A valid email address is required. Once you're registered, you'll receive a link via email which you respond to in order to complete the registration process.

Customizing Your Experience.

Once you're logged in, you'll see your name in the upper right corner of the screen. Next to that is a small downward pointing arrow. Click on this to go to Profile or Settings. Once you're there, you'll see three tabs. The Profile tab takes you to a page which lets you make choices about what you'd like to have displayed. The Settings Tab has important info for customizing your experience. The Forums tab allows you to change the display if you wish. We have it set to Outline because we like threaded, tree-type discussions where you can see who is replying to whom. If you prefer the standard forum display of messages stacked in a line under each other, you can choose this option here.

Reading Topics and Posts

To read a post, click on the title. Don't click on the authors name which is right next to the post or you'll go to their profile. If you stay in the default outline form and there are a lot of posts in a topic, scroll down your screen and you'll see the 'tree' with all the other messages there each of which may be individually clicked on.

Starting a New Topic

Buttons are on the right side of your screen beneath all the top images.

Posting, Replying & Editing Your Post

To post a new topic/question/comment look up near the top of your screen on the right side for the very prominent buttons.

To reply to a post, you'll find this button in the usual place at the bottom right side of the posting screen.

To edit your post, the edit button will be right there next to the reply button.

Misc

If you want to add an emoticon while you're composing, click on the pic and it will bring up your choices in a table on the right side of the screen.

To give a thumbs up or down to someone else's post, use the little + and - buttons you'll see on the far right below the posting screen.

I'm sure there will be more questions. But maybe this will get you started. Have fun. :rolleyes:

#2 corkyp

corkyp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 07:18 AM

<p>I'm trying to make my first post and I can't see the &quot;button&quot; that is supposed to let me start. I can use some help.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Thanks</p>

#3 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Ducatis, Dorkdom

Posted 28 May 2015 - 09:09 AM

For me, the "quote" button appears at the bottom right corner of other peoples' posts.

This software doesn't appear to use BBcode.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users