9 replies to this topic

#1 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:25 PM

Went out early for beer and ice so I could be back to share a couple with Uncle John and my mother before they left on their flight back to Wisconsin. They didn't have to be at the airport till noon and it's only 5 blocks away so we had a couple before I dropped them off.

Posted Image

My friends are leaving tomorrow from Cancun so went and picked them up at their hotel.

Posted Image

We didn't have anything planned and they wanted to go out to Sandra's place for their last afternoon meal so that's where we went.

Posted Image

Gordon and Dave came along and we all had a few drinks and a good time. The food was great as usual.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I dropped my friends off and said goodbye. I won't have time to see them tomorrow before they leave as I am taking the early ferry over to the mainland in the morning. Tomorrow my friends and I are going on vacation to Belize for a while. I've been on the island for over 3 weeks and it is time to get away. I went home early and packed a few things, had a few beers, and made a few phone calls because I will be out of touch with everyone until I return. It was a good day.

Posted Image

#2 broylance

broylance

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:09 AM

I'm not familiar with Sandra's place. What is the name of the restaurant and where is it? The food looks delicious.

#3 cdlu

cdlu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:10 AM

I look forward to your Belize trip report! Thanks for sharing Cozumel; looking at these guacamole pics make my mouth water.
Cindy

#4 Willie

Willie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles; Cozumel; Reading;

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:13 AM

12 more days and I will be eating a shrimp cocktail myself. Looks good!

#5 Willie

Willie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles; Cozumel; Reading;

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:14 AM

I thought the beer in Belize was no good

#6 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:48 AM

I don't know what Sandra is calling her place but it is on the cross island road a couple kilometers before Meczalitos on the north side.

#7 broylance

broylance

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:30 PM

Thanks Steve,
I think I know exactly where you're talking about.

#8 mslf500

mslf500

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Snow boarding, Diving, Spearfishing, Driving Formula Cars really fast, Mountain biking.

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:57 PM

Is this the larger, newer place on the North side of the road? (Sandra's that is)

www.CozumelCondominium.com
Nah Ha 602

#9 broylance

broylance

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 09:04 AM

mslf500,
I think it must be fairly new. We saw it a few months ago driving by and they seemed to be fairly busy. When I just looked at it on google maps street view it wasn't open yet. You can tell its the same building as in Steve's picture by the yellow front with the arches.

#10 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:19 PM

The building is not new. It's been there for a long time just not as a restaurant. It's got an open porch with seating. She has done a few upgrades. She drives a goldish colored pickup truck or my blue Explorer. One or the other should be parked out front.

Sandra is a neighbor of mine when I am down there and sometimes has problems with her truck. She has the keys for the Explorer and can use it when she needs to. It keeps my vehicle driven and helps her out. I don't say her food is good because she is my neighbor. I do it because the food is good. Give it a try and you will see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users