17 replies to this topic

#1 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 08:37 PM

I was lazy this morning so went down to Sedana to get my beer and ice. I bought enough to last one more day as I will be leaving the island in two days. I didn't do much today. I stuck around the house in order to drop my neighbors off at the airport then drop their car off to the person that was taking care of it. I did get in touch with David and told him I was making a couple of pizzas and if I could cook them at his house we could have a few people over.

Posted Image

In the morning I didn't need to shop for anything. I cleaned out the fridge an got rid of everything that would spoil. Swept the floors and mopped them. I took out all the garbage, picked up my laundry, and was ready to got to the airport in the morning. I did have to leave to say goodbye to a few friends. I went to Villa Blanca to say goodbye to Arturo.

Posted Image

I went across the street to say the goodbye to Sam and Alex at La Hach. Alex wasn't in but Sam was.

Posted Image

I did have to go to the square and say so long to Freddy.

Posted Image

Pepe was there and he did give my mother a run for her money dancing at the party.

Posted Image

It wasn't a long walk through the square to get to Tony's restaurant. I said goodbye to them but only got his wife's photo along with the cooks that make everything happen there.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

David picked me up early in the morning and dropped me off at the ferry. The trip to Playa was sad but I will be back. I have already purchased tickets for July 5th. I am bringing my girlfriend, her 2 grand kids, and a babysitter. We will stay for a week or up to a month or more depending on how the kids get on.

Posted Image

Here is a break down of my expenses. I though I spent way to much on this trip but I had a good time. I was only gone for 50 days.

$318....Dental work, root canal and crown

$50....Medication...amoxicilina, Tylex CD

$100....hard alcohol...4-vodka, 2-rum, 2-Xtabentun, 1- Contoy, 1 tequila

$35....laundry

$20.... lawn maintenance

$100 in Misc hotel rooms.

$150...utilities

$120...gas for Explorer

$538...beer

$65....ice

$200....Mauro for playing at the parties.

$150.... gifts- for girlfriend and kids.

$200....tips

$500...trip to Belize

$100....transportation...bus and ferry to airport, car ferry

$200...eating out

$230 ....cigarettes

$200....drinks in bars

$250...food at home
-----------------------------
$3526

withdrew...$3226 on my ATM card. I had no ATM fees or foreign currency conversion fees.

had $2000 peso in cash.

had $100 in American currency.

This was pre-paid.

$300....rent

$310....airline tickets

$4136 total for 50 days.

$82.72 per day

I also have to rationalize a little here to justify the money spent.

I also had Uncle John and My mother down for two weeks and they didn't have to pay for a hotel or most food and beer.

I made breakfast for the neighbors 20 times and dinner 10 times

No one had to rent a car including my two friends that came down.

It was a good trip and money well spent.

#2 dawnb

dawnb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, cooking, gardening, jewelry making, reading

Posted 04 June 2011 - 09:33 PM

Once again, Steve, outstanding trip report! Looking forward to seeing you in July!

#3 hillbilly

hillbilly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:Retired here in Cozumel and loving it

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:18 PM

Really enjoy your trip reports. Gives us views that we do not get to see every day. I am surprised that your single largest expense was beer. What a concept.

#4 mslf500

mslf500

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Snow boarding, Diving, Spearfishing, Driving Formula Cars really fast, Mountain biking.

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:26 PM

I thoroughly enjoyed these trip reports!

www.CozumelCondominium.com
Nah Ha 602

#5 cdlu

cdlu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:15 PM

Thanks for the great reports, look forward to your next trip!
Cindy

#6 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:24 PM

They are really great and entertaining!!

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

#7 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:30 PM

Thanks for reading my reports. I'll be going down in July again with the rug rats. The language barrier with a nanny didn't work out very well last year so thought I would bring my own sitter. We will see how that works out. She is 14 years old. Bob, the older child, has been to the doctor quite a bit this year and has Asperger syndrome. It's a type of autism. I am sure all will work out good. He seems like a normal kid to me except for a couple of quirks. I have a few of those myself.

I don't have to bring any clothes down this trip as I left them down there in the bag I got back from the laundry. I am bringing down an electric hand mixer and cordless drill, some things for other people, and a quick set 10' diameter pool that I can set up on the patio for the kids to cool off in when we aren't at the beach. From talking to people on Cozumel it seems that it is an unusually hot summer. It seems the same here in Illinois because we didn't have a spring and now have very hot weather.

I've talked to my friends that rent me the house and they tell me that the three air conditioners work. My girlfriend would leave me if they didn't. I talked to David and he is going over to the house the day before I arrive and will turn the power back on along with the air conditioners, water, gas, and plug in the refrigerator.

We will catch a cab once we get off the ferry and stop at Sedana for beer and ice, maybe some pop also before going to the house. I won't be sure the Explorer is there as my neighbor is using it and I have no way to contact her.

If the trip turns out to be bad or good, I'll post a report when I get back. Yes, they still sometimes dress the kids the same.

#8 Willie

Willie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles; Cozumel; Reading;

Posted 12 June 2011 - 06:50 AM

Steve,

We stayed at the Villa Blanca last week and said hello to Arturo and Sam at La Hach for you. Good folks all. My son and Sindy the waitress at La Hach hit it off and Sindy came over to the hotel the morning we were leaving to say good bye. She is very sweet. I wil try and post a report once we get settled back in. Wish we were on the island at the same time. I would like to buy you a beer. Thanks for the trip reports. I read this one while on the island and showed Arturo his picture.

#9 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 06:19 PM

Thanks Willie for saying hello to Arturo and Sam for me. They are good people. I think Alex usually covers nights and Sam the days because Sam needs to be home with Rebeca at night. Is Aurturo's wife (Patrica)there now or is she still visiting family? The Villa Blanca is a great place to stay and not that expensive.

We'll get together on of these days and down a few. Looking forward to your report when you get time. I'll be down in about 23 days with kids and girlfriend. Wish me luck.

#10 zumbargirl07

zumbargirl07

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:48 AM

That was an awesome report. I now feel like I have been there this whole time. I can't wait to get back but your trip report has helped take me there until then.

#11 mlfoto

mlfoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:Photography, diving, river running, guitar, tomatoes, chiles. Latinjourneys.net
    Mandjphoto.com

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:52 AM

Steve,

On your trip reports you mentioning stopping at Sandra's several times for lunch. The food looked good in the photos. Where is Sandra's?

Thanks,
M

#12 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:54 PM

Sandra's place is on the cross island road a couple of kilometers west of Meczalitos on the north side of the road. It's an open house with tables and chairs set up. She usually doesn't open until around 11:00 am and there should be a golden colored pickup truck or my blue Explorer sitting out front. You shouldn't miss it.

Her food is good. I've never had a bad meal there.

I'll be down in about 8 days for I hope a month. I can show you where it is if you like.

#13 Willie

Willie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:15 PM

Hey Steve I guess you are there by now. I need you to stop by LaHach and drink one for me if you get time...and somehow I bet you will!! Wish you luck with the kiddos brother. Your a better man than me. Enjoy

#14 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:51 PM

Willie...I stopped by and had a few for you.

#15 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:20 PM

Steve,

Will be there end of the month. What is the current beer schedule? Want to know if we want to stop by a bar and say hi! :lol:

El Jefe

Casa De Jefe

#16 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 09:15 AM

Let me know when you will be down. Always up for a beer.

#17 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:39 PM

Me, the Missus and the Nephews hit town next Sunday, 24th. Plan on hitting the Plaza that evening some time.

El Jefe

Casa De Jefe

#18 Willie

Willie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:08 AM

Steve,

I appreciate that! How was Sindy? My son and her hit it off pretty good when we were there. Unfortunantly I believe she is either married or has a boyfriend. She was still a sweetie and came to the Villa Blanca the morning we left to tell us goodbye. She started tearing up and asked us to stay. I would have loved to and could possibly be spending more time there in the very near future. Steve, what are you paying for your rent house for a year? Just curious if it might be something I could also do. I would not need much.

Sam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users