• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 El Gordo

El Gordo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:09 PM

warrning Pappa Hogs is a dump!The owners are money grubbing, arrogant, most unfriendly people i have ever met.

#2 Coz_Aholic

Coz_Aholic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Interests:Travel, Diving, Fishing, and of course FAMILY!

Author of Cozumel The Complete Guide II

Posted 07 June 2011 - 08:32 PM

Please do not makes posts like that without expling and providing facts.

I have known Margaret and Mike for many years and infact they taught my granddaughter to dive. I have always known them to be fair and honest people.

#3 dawnb

dawnb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, cooking, gardening, jewelry making, reading

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:06 PM

Thinking this is a troll.

#4 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:34 AM

Let us see if El Gordo comes back with more details. If he/she doesn't in two days time, I agree that this sounds like a disgruntled employee or a disgruntled rival and the thread will be deleted. In the interim, all readers should take this posting with a grain or more of salt.

#5 corki

corki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:16 AM

I agree with you Carey....I've known them for years and they follow all the safety standards, are always busy and care about both employees and clients. I've seen how much they give back to the community and think this is totally unwarranted....

#6 captain ronald

captain ronald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:34 AM

Marshal Dillon is very friendly!

#7 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, dogs, margaritas, beaches, reading, working out, chilling.

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:57 PM

We had a friend who dives visit us from Akumal when we were there in May and I had advised that he use Papa Hoggs. He was very pleased and he is an experienced diver.

#8 Tomas

Tomas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:Scuba diving, travel, books, food, culture, people, fish, art, the world.

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:48 PM

I dive with someone else, but have many friends who dive with Papa Hogs and I have only heard good things about them. What did they allegedly do that ticked you off?
I'm a fish!

#9 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:38 PM

Hey, maybe the guy didn't finish his sentence. Maybe he meant to write Papa Hogs Blows....BUBBLES

Everybody says stuff about every dive op.

Perhaps if the comment had been ignored, nobody would have paid any attention to it, and it would have just gone away.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#10 El Gordo

El Gordo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 07:39 PM

drinking with and staying n diving with arnt the same thing. i respect your opinions,but i know they did to me. i made accomidations for 5 nights and 4 days diving with julie, when i arrived margret said 3days diving. also acomidations included breakfast. they didnt even want to give me coffee in the mourning. as far as treating employes good ask Pappa Loco and Monkey at Scuba Mau

#11 corki

corki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:46 PM

where were you staying? if you were at Papa Hog or Villa Blanca breakfast is at Papa Hogs and it's not just coffee. Not sure what the problem is with the reservation.....it's off season so I'm sure they had no problems accommodating you.....they usually bend over backwards to make things right. I wouldn't take what Scuba Mau had to say under consideration. They are based right below Papa Hogs and the relations between the two have been strained for years...There are lots of choices on the island for dive ops. Choose another one the next time but don't blast a really good dive op with a good reputation on one incident...

#12 El Gordo

El Gordo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:48 PM

I dont mean to trash employees divemasters great guys my beef is with owners

#13 Coz_Aholic

Coz_Aholic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Interests:Travel, Diving, Fishing, and of course FAMILY!

Author of Cozumel The Complete Guide II

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:07 PM

You are not making your case her Gordo!!! You still have not given ant detail of what supposedly happened. Without the facts no one can figure out why you are bashing one of our local businesses.

#14 2cozlovers

2cozlovers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Diving, living the good life!

Posted 09 June 2011 - 04:02 PM

We've been reading this forum for several years and only recently joined. It's been a great source of information and amusement, but we've never felt the need to post because we aren't experts on Coz or most anything! However, after watching and reading this thread for the past few days, we felt like we should post a reply.

We think we may have been diving with El Gordo and, if so, heard the story of his supposed "ill-treatment" firsthand. The comment several of us made to him at the time was that he should have printed out and should have produced the hardcopy of the agreement he had with Mike and Margaret. This way, there would have been no questions as to what he was promised and what he received. It seems to me that from what he said, he got an even better deal than what they are offering on their website and I do know, firsthand, that dive packages can vary somewhat from exactly what is printed. Sometimes you get a lower price and breakfast isn't included or some other small change. It is up to you to check to see that the confirmation email includes exactly the items, days of diving, etc. that you are wanting/needing.

We've been diving with Papa Hog's for the last two weeks and have been diving with them for four years and have logged well over 100 dives with them. They have ALWAYS treated us fairly, courteously, and provided top-notch, professional service. We're planning on returning in October and will be diving with them again. And, yes, we have tried other diving operations on the island. Though they were both great, we keep returning to Papa Hog's because we receive all-around exceptional treatment. And the comment about their treatment of their employees is totally off-base. They have retained the same employees, both in the dive shop and the restaurant, for as long as we've been diving with them!

By the way, seems that El Gordo doesn't always pay attention to details...I believe he thought his flight home left a day before it did and ended up having to find accommodations for an extra night! Could he have made an error in what he thought he was getting from Papa Hog's, as well??

We don't want to appear mean or critical, but you have to take responsibility for double-checking what you are getting when you book reservations for anything and you must print-out and bring with you a copy of said confirmation with details. I'm sure El Gordo was disappointed and upset, as we all are, when he didn't get what he was expecting. However, talking trash to anyone and everyone on the island who'll listen isn't the way to solve the problem. Enough said!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users