• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 03:28 PM

I am looking for a dog house for our garder/gatekeeper/handyman's little dog that adopted him.

The reality is, Manual doesn't GET how WE feel about dogs, and cats. He doesn't understand why we (number of residence here in Mariposa Estates) bring food and treats for "Blondie".

Blondie is going to the Coz HS on Tues to be "fixed". She had her FIRST ever bath the other day, and after a little scare, she liked it.

Now, I need a dog house for her. Manual will NOT allow her in his house, and WE (residence) can't stand to see her get wet....

So, if anyone has a dog house...please let me know.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#2 cookielady

cookielady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Interests:Cozumel, animals, reading,travel and friends

Posted 11 June 2011 - 04:07 PM

Awe that is too cute. We dog lovers are a unique breed. We rescued a Pug from an animal hoarder two years ago on the stipulation that we would get him fixed and his shots, along with clearing up his flea infested skin issue before finding him a good home. Guess what, yeah you guessed it, he is still here and now we have two very spoiled Pugs and a Chi. We will be down in November and can't bring a dog house but could bring smaller items for Blondie if needed.

#3 Agnes62

Agnes62

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 08:24 AM

I don't know how small the dog is - but a quick and cheap dog house is a large styrofoam cooler. Tape the top on with duck tape, then cut a hole in one end and make some vent holes around, anput a pillow case on the bottom. It might work until you find or build a more permanet structure. I've done this for stray cats, and they seem to like it.

#4 Agnes62

Agnes62

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 09:06 AM

Sorry - *and put* and *permanent*

#5 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 09:32 AM

Cookie, and Agnes...Blondie is a little to big for an ice cooler, but that's a really good idea.

She is quite a funny little dog (little bigger then a Dachshund, with long blond hair)she is like the locals we have been talking about. She is happy, she sings a little song, loves to dance.

She just found Manual one day, and she never leaves his side. I don't get why he won't let her in the house...oh well.

I guess I (we) are suckers for a furry face. :rolleyes:

*Agnes...to edit your post, all you have to do (if you are not signed in) sign back in, go to your post, hit the EDIT button, make your edits, and SAVE CHANGES...no need to make a new post.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#6 dawnb

dawnb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, cooking, gardening, jewelry making, reading

Posted 12 June 2011 - 10:51 AM

Paula, could you or Greg build something from wood? Maybe put a couple crates together and cover with a tarp? Or how about a "pup" tent? Looking forward to meetimg Blondie, if you haven't found something by the time we get down, we'd be happy to help build it.

#7 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 10:56 AM

Oh Dawn, she will steal your heart...like all Cozie dogs do.

I was so hoping to find a used dog house/Air Kennel but if we have to build, we shall build (where's Jimmy Carter when you need him).

Also, never throw away the ends of the flea and tic collars you buy. Normally, I would put them into my vacuum cleaner bags, but I made Blondie a Ghetto collar.

A Ghetto collar is when you take the piece left over, and glue, and pop rivet it to her existing collar...aka; A Ghetto Collar.

Anonymous

#8 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:24 PM

Perhaps someone has a small tanac(sp)(water tank) they are no using anymore. I can make a dog house out of that.

Anonymous

#9 Guest_pecosgirl_*

Guest_pecosgirl_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:15 PM

For short term, how about a cardboard box with trash bags taped on? A small table with a tarp tossed over it worked for us also.

#10 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 06:35 AM

Pecosgirl, and all:

I thought I had updated the results of my quest to find a dog house, I see that I didn't.

Laurie and Jimmy Anderson saw my post on CMC, called and donated an EOL sky kennel for Blondie.

Blondie has all her shots now, $200p donation to the HS.

Cindy from the Wild Life association and also a property owner here in Mariposa Estates brought her a flea and tic collar, plus a new collar and leash.

Blondie is happy and healthy and is at Manual's side 24X7. I can't imagine her living anywhere else.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Anonymous

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users