Opinions on Residencias Reef Condos?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 DanB

DanB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Interests:Dan:history/culture;scuba diving;photography;music; Claudia:artist

Posted 20 June 2011 - 07:13 AM

We are coming back to Coz in late February. We have been here about 8 times in the last few years but have always stayed in town. This time we are thinking about something different. The Residencias Reef condos look nice to us on the web. Has anyone stayed there who can give us a recommendation on the place? Also, it looks like both Carlos and Charlies beach club and San Francisco beach club are right next door and both have restaurant/bars. What are these places like?

#2 Patches

Patches

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:05 AM

Residencias Reef is very nice - on a nice sandy beach - very quiet and it has a lovely natural environment and surroundings.

#3 sailsgal

sailsgal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Interests:diving, writing, water sports, sailing, travel.

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:00 AM

I had a friend who rented there for almost two years..very nice condos, beach and pool areas. The beach clubs on either side are fine,and offer basic beach menu and drinks, but during the day can be crowded and noisy...especially during high season.
At night because the Reef club is located in the "jungle" the bugs at times can be quite bad, so bring bug spray or lotions with you. It is out of town so you have to either rent a car or take a taxi (available at the entrance gates) to get into town. Enjoy your return visit to Cozumel.
Susan aka Sailsgal
www.cozumeltours.com

#4 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:10 AM

Are the new people at the Wyndham still charging Reef people to use the dock?

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

#5 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:44 AM

With everything new again, including a new dive operations, who knows CV.

In regards to the topic, I have one friend who is counting the days until they are back at Residencias Reef.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#6 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:16 PM

That's what made me wonder. I never stayed there, but it has some nice places I looked at.

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

#7 4aGoodCoz

4aGoodCoz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Travel, food, family and friends.

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:01 PM

This February will be the 5th time I have stayed at Residencias. It is a ways from town, but we are all about the beach/diving so don't mind the trips in for groceries, etc. We rent from the same owner each time and really feel as though it is our home away from home. You can find many listings on www.cozumel.tc and vrbo.com. To answer a question earlier about the pier charge, it seems to be hit or miss depending on who your dive company is. I can't comment on the beach clubs as we have never tried them, but I think they close as soon as the cruise folks take off.
Christie
"I have to go, I feel Iím sinkin'. I just donít know, but I canít stop thinkin'...Mexico." - Firefall

#8 LoveTheBeach

LoveTheBeach

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:22 PM

Residencias Reef is where we stay each time we go to Cozumel. It is a beautiful, quiet and relaxing area. If you are wanting to be where all the excitement is then Resdiencias Reef would not be the place for you.

#9 sailboat47

sailboat47

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:13 PM

We have stayed at Residencias Reef many times. If it's just my husband and myself we stay in a studio which had a small frig,microwave,electric burner and the owner allowed us to use the washer and dryer. If we have the kids we've rented a 3 bedroom which of course has a full kitchen,and again the owner allowed the use of the washer and dryer and we always try to get in the building where the unit numbers start with a 5*** since they are closest to the beach. I have never stayed in any of the other buildings but I believe the units that start with an 8*** are also close to the water.We do enjoy the option of walking down to Paradise Beach to have a bite to eat in the afternoon.

#10 DanB

DanB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Interests:Dan:history/culture;scuba diving;photography;music; Claudia:artist

Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:58 AM

Thanks to everyone who chimed in with their experience of Residencias Reef. We booked a 1-bedroom there yesterday for the week we are coming down. I had a couple phone conversations with Annette at the reservation office in Florida and looked over the detailed info on the prospectus website (www.residenciasreef.com) and on the rental website (www.athomeincozumel.com). Both gave us a lot of info and photos. We just got the confirming email with all the guest policies. They do go to great lengths to ensure that guests have a quiet, peaceful, relaxing time (even to the point of asking guests to use earphones when listening to music at the common pool areas so as not to disturb other guests). Looking forward to staying 'away from it all' this time. We've already reserved our VW from Margarita at ISIS for the week so we will be mobile and able to get into town for restaurants and stuff. Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users