• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 01:23 PM

On my way this morning (from scoring BIG time at Chedrui's...SCOOP FRITOS) I saw that a sign was placed at the old car ferry dock telling people to use the new pier.

I went past that as well and it was dead as a door nail, but it is Sunday.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#2 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:14 PM

Heard a rumour yesterday that it's too shallow where they put the new pier. Which normally I wouldn't believe. But having seen so many other expensive fiascos on this island, I'm going to give that particular possibility a 65% correcto.

Anyone have the true scuttle-butt? I know the road between the 30 and the Caletita is completed and fancy. But on Friday the trucks were still lining up for the old car ferry pier.

Let us see what the next week brings. Reports will be welcomed.

#3 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 27 June 2011 - 06:01 AM

There was a picture in Por Esto of the car ferry at the new pier.

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

#4 TRAVELER89

TRAVELER89

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 12:22 PM

The new pier was up and running this morning......, I was by there a little after 10;00 today and unloading and loading was in process, police were controling traffic at the crossing. Carey the ferrys have plenty of clearence, my concern, correct me if I'm wrong, is that if we get a strong "norte" and a ferry would have to drop an anchor there, it could take out some of the power cables coming from the mainland.... I dove that area many times.

T.

#5 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 27 June 2011 - 12:36 PM

Oh, Joy in the Morning, Traveller. If they killed messengers for delivering bad news, you'd be a goner right now. Repairing those cables would be a beast I would think. Actually, now that I think of it, didn't they already cut one awhile back and during construction. We were without power for, what? 6 hours? I can live with that. If I must. Grrr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users