• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 TreeSon

TreeSon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:03 AM

Sams looks like it has prices much like the Playa del Camrmen ones. Has lots of 'goods' that will be nice to have conveniently located. The Bodega has a lot of Great Value products...but no special American Finds yet.

#2 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:41 AM

I'm a SAM's girl!!!

I had a ball this morning (cheap trills). TAKE YOUR OWN REUSABLE SHOPPING BAGS!!

I was greeted by a lovely, women employee who held my hand, and welcomed me to the store. Man,I didn't need anymore encouragement to buy. That pushed me over the top. I have to keep this women employed!

Some of the things I saw and to much to mention that I purchased (keeping my new BFF employed)

Printer cartridges available...bought one for our HP printer.

Sam's had familiar items that I really wanted like Michael Angelo's Lasagna (cheese or with meat).

In the meats and veggies section, I did not find the amount of cuts that had been available at either Sam's or Walmart in Playa. The same for the veggies, not all that much, and nothing interesting.

But, overall, it was okay. PERHAPS THERE WAS A MAJOR BUY PRIOR TO MY ARRIVAL.

GREAT cheese section!!! They also had Sushi rolls.

Lots of bikes, tires, lots, and lots of GUY STUFF.

Huge planting pots (fiberglass)...big enough to plant a tree in (or that pesky house guest).

Hunter Fans 42 inch with 3 lamps $999p's.

Tons of computers, Ipod, camera...

At the Bodega store, I found GREAT kitchen hand towels (the waffle type)supper colors. Also, found door mats in square and half circle. They are the course type that really will clean your shoes.

The bread section was overwhelming, and a super selection.

I went about 9:30am and saw about two foreigners, the rest where HAPPY, HAPPY LOCALS!

Heck the employees where DANCING AND SINGING in the Bodega store...

Have fun.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#3 Sandy H

Sandy H

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:48 AM

Just an FYI, we were there for the 7:00 am opening -- and the doors didn't open until 8:30! We were really disappointed in that Sam's is really quite small (for a Sam's Club) and doesn't carry nearly the merchandise as in Playa. We checked a couple of prices in the Bodega store of things we had bought recently at Ched/Mega and found they were actually a little higher in the new store. Of course we'll shop at both of them, but overall a big disappointment.

#4 Sandy H

Sandy H

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:55 AM

Paula, we must have been writing at the same time. Isn't it interesting how two people can see the same thing differently? I agree with the good cheese selection, paper products etc. When we were there it was really crowded in the back of the store so I didn't get to really check out some of the things you mention. We walked out empty handed but with the idea of going back in a couple of days once the crowds die down.

#5 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:58 PM

I think I had no expectations...what ever it was, it was.

I get seasick so I'm not going to Playa/Cancun. What ever they deliver here, and I want it then that's what I will be happy with.

I will be interested in the pricing in the pharmacy, and if they accept MX health insurance.

I haven't posted much, but we now carry Mx health insurance which has a 100% reimbursement for medications if you use the pharmacy they perfer.

Will follow up with information on the health insurance.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#6 wetwendys

wetwendys

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:18 PM

CHEESE!!!!!

#7 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:50 PM

Oh my WW's, it is not JUST a ordinary CHEESE shop...Ask, and I will tell you if they have CHEESE today.

Anonymous

#8 nauticab

nauticab

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:43 PM

i found that the printer cartridges are cheaper or the same at Dep or compucentro. and the electronics were ridiculously expensive as usual here in mexico.
waiting for more stuff to arrive. went in search of 2 major items and neither were there. dog food was better priced than anywhere in town.
at least it's close by for us.
Cabrilla's Sport Center
Calle 11 % Melgar y 10av
Edificio Portales, Local 1
Dressing Fishermen and Triathletes from Head to Toe

#9 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:01 PM

Do they carry gallons of fresh milk? Please tell me they do. We left for 3 weeks the day the stores opened so am relying on your guys for info.

#10 Sandy H

Sandy H

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:52 PM

I don't remember seeing any. Anyone else see any?

#11 GringaErin

GringaErin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 02:33 PM

No milk. :(

#12 TreeSon

TreeSon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:45 PM

The Italian Sausage and breakfast sausage is already out!! Like the A & W root beer and the Large kool aid mix, tang, and gatorade mixes too!

#13 nauticab

nauticab

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:39 PM

we bought A&W last night around 7:30 and there was plenty.
lots of prices actually went down since the opening. 25kilo dog food went from 499 to 450. pays to wait a little longer.
Cabrilla's Sport Center
Calle 11 % Melgar y 10av
Edificio Portales, Local 1
Dressing Fishermen and Triathletes from Head to Toe

#14 GringaErin

GringaErin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:49 AM

Carey, I know you were probably bummed about the milk situation, but I was there yesterday, and guess what? Ben & Jerry's ice cream!!! They had the little mini-cups in a variety pack (4 of them I think) for 59 pesos... B)

#15 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:03 AM

Yah I'm bummed about the milk but, ever the optimist, I'm hoping they'll start bringing it in when they get fully organized. Ben and Jerrys is good news. Although have you tried the Michocan paletas? I find some of those to be just the ice cream ticket. Also with freezer case ice cream here it seems like a 50 50 or better chance it's been frozen, melted and refrozen at least once before I opened it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users