24 replies to this topic

#21 Jimmmy

Jimmmy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:diving, dogs, boating, wine, cooking

Posted 14 July 2011 - 01:43 PM

Dawn, we usally fly American and that is where we had the problem. We reported the damage when we arrived and they sent us new 2 new bags to replace the damaged ones. The trick is you have to report the damage on the leg of the trip you notice the damage. They also ruined a dive bag on the way to Cozumel and I replaced it on the island and took photo's of the damaged one but they didn't help me out on that one. I was in too big of a hurry to enjoy the island to wait around and file a baggage damage report.

#22 dawnb

dawnb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, cooking, gardening, jewelry making, reading

Posted 14 July 2011 - 02:05 PM

Thanks, Jimmmy, good to know. I had no idea they would do that. We fly American too. Didn't look too closely at our bags till we got home, after 11pm. They got pretty beat up on the way down as well. We have just accepted it.

It sounds like the Heys bags would suffer the same fate.

The thrift shop idea is interesting, though I always worry about hitchhiking critters from previous owners. We also like to keep our big bag always packed with our equipment and ready to go.

Aha, CC! Just caught your video! Mystery solved!

We retired the "Big Red Suitcase" to a neighborhood yard sale, marked it "free", and someone actually took it. It was 50% duct tape B)

#23 D. Villere'

D. Villere'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 10:43 PM

:o Same thing with our luggage. We left the island July 4, 2011 and when we arrived home, I we were like, "what the hell happened to our luggage !" Bad enough that I need to replace them.

#24 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:54 AM

what airline were you flying?

I've only had one problem in 10 years using Continental. But I'm thinking of switching to American since they're now flying nonstop between CZM and DFW. Why? Because the Continental/United merger is not impacting well so far on Continental's customer service in my opinion.

#25 cdlu

cdlu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 09:45 PM

We always fly AA, we take American Eagle out of Texarkana and connect at DFW to Cozumel. We check our luggage at T-town and don't see it again until Cozumel We have made the trip 6 times now and have not had any beat up luggage.
Cindy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users