5 replies to this topic

#1 TRAVELER89

TRAVELER89

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:02 AM

I'm having trouble sending and receiving e-mails to users, anyone else having this problem....

Traveler

#2 La Administradora

La Administradora

Advanced

• Root Admin
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:07 PM

Are the problems with sending to people who were members of the old forum? Because about half of those users transferred over without the correct email address. Don't ask us why.

A lot of people choose to not allow emails from other forum members but if you can see the email address, they haven't chosen this option.

So are you trying to email a newer member or someone whose account was transferred over from the old forums. We can get this fixed if it's a problem in general. But if it only applies to some old forum members, afraid we're out of luck.

#3 divadiver

divadiver

Guru

• Members
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 08:52 AM

The problem I'm having is those who I send to don't receive my emails, traveler89 & austinacoustic. How do I know? I'm fortunate to have their direct emails and they've told me they don't receive my messages.

#4 La Administradora

La Administradora

Advanced

• Root Admin
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 07:23 AM

I will take up this problem with support today and let you know. Anyone wishing to receive email, however, should go into their profile settings and make sure their email address is correct and current. If it's not, you can change it yourself online via your settings.

At least half the registered users brought over from the old forums are showing up with addresses that look something like this. 101786-1265569782@fakeemail.com I don't know if that was something that happened during the conversion or whether the addresses were incorrect in some way to begin with. So check yours.

101786-1265569782@fakeemail.com is an example of the type of address traveler89 has which would explain not receiving from you. austinacoustic's email is correct so that's why I'm checking. However, Diva, if you have a prodigy.net.mx account his mail server may be blocking you as a spammer. Mexico prodigy has a very bad rep for spamming or did for a long time.

#5 Charles

Charles

Guru

• Members
  • 3,143 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:03 AM

I had wondered if the fakeemail address the software used if people had elected to not receive email and then the one spam post from India travel news had a very normal yahoo address. I have been getting emails and personal messages at least sometimes through the forum, but I haven't received replies from some of my test PM sent.

#6 divadiver

divadiver

Guru

• Members
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 12:49 PM

The email in my profile is correct. It's not a prodigy account, it's my own domain.

After sending a message from this site, I received this "Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender" message.

This is the error:
This is the Postfix program at host lsh415.van.ca.siteprotect.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster>

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The Postfix program

<105546-1265569782@fakeemail.com>: delivery temporarily suspended: connect to
fakeemail.com[72.30.33.102]: Connection timed out

This is similar to the errors I had with Cablemas. Errors were message too old or connection timed out.

As you can see, it has that "fakeemail.com" address.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users