Posted 08 March 2010 - 07:07 PM

Feedback and comments are welcomed. http://www.cozumelmy...Restaurants.htm

#2 J_CozDiver

J_CozDiver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 02:12 PM

LOVE the list. All my favorites are there and a few I haven't tried.
Just a quick correction...the owner's name at Rockin Java (and her Thai Noodle Bar) is Lisa Ramirez, not Cathy.
:)

#3 mike_s

mike_s

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 06:55 AM

Looks good Carey. I will try and get some food shots from Buccanos and maybe a shot of the menu as well on our next run down. We love it there, always have, always will even with the cruisers in port it is still fun.

#4 JeffinTX

JeffinTX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 11:06 PM

Left to my own devices, I would eat myself into a stupor every day on the island. Fortunately, I am kept in check...

One comment: Sorrisi is one of our favorites. The atmosphere is wonderful, the food is outstanding and the people are very, very nice. Highly recommended.

Cheers,

Jeff in TX

#5 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:36 PM

I would like to hear about El PIE...one of the friends emailed me and said it had great burgers, and steaks...

Like to hear more.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#6 TERRY7133

TERRY7133

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 04:28 PM

Paula,
I ate there several times over 2-3 months after they first opened .A local friend of mine was helping them getting it open and going. At that time there were 3 owners 1 would do the cooking on the grill out front ,1 worked the bar and back kitchen , and the other managed the dining room. It is a cozy little place with only 6 tables inside.They have added some tables outside on the sidewalk.

The meats and vegetables are all grilled over an open fire ( wood not carbon ) in the front of the store .Everything is cooked fresh to order -- mostly steaks , burgers , and other meats .I thought that it was very good and reasonably priced for what you get . The chimichuri sauce is very good . They also have a couple other sauces that they serve that are good but spicy . They serve bread and a limited salad menu .They do have a full bar selection . They also have empanadas.
I guess it would be considered an argentinian restuarant with a mexican twist .
I must qualify this by saying that I have not eaten there in 5 or 6 months --- some things may have changed.

I will definately go back.

#7 Barefoot

Barefoot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:54 AM

Chilango's no longer sprinkles their huaraches with dry cheese and cilantro, they top generously with what I call string cheese, which melts into everything else. Yum! I'm there once a week, at least. Unfortunately the days of a 15 peso huarache are long gone. Current price for a huarache with one topping is 25 pesos. Still a steal!

#8 cozumeldreams

cozumeldreams

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 11:16 PM

Last time that we visited, we so enjoyed eating at Johnny Bravo's. I did not see them on your new list. Are they no longer in business? That would be so disappointing as we will be arriving in less than a month with a group of 13 and I was excited to take them all there.
Thank you for your replies!

#9 pecas

pecas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 10:02 AM

Sorry to disappoint, but Johnny Bravos has been out of business for a while now.

#10 cozumeldreams

cozumeldreams

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:32 AM

Thank you for the reply! Is there any place that would be comparable in price and food?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users