direct tv or dish network

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 cozdaddy

cozdaddy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:Scubadiving, underwater photography. Landscape and people photography

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:46 PM

I hope this is the right to post this. several people we know who live in Cozumel have told us they purchase either direct tv or dish network thentake the box with them to Cozumel purchase a dish down there and just pay the bills back in theUS and then have service in Cozumel thoughts or suggestions for good quality tv service in Coz.
Breath in Breath out move on

#2 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:08 AM

I *think* it is only Dish Network that works and there is something about HD channels moving satellites that will require much bigger dishes to get them. Nemi (sp) at Cozumel Wireless (I am about 90% sure that is the company name.) is the guy to talk to about it generally and fix stuff if there is an issue. A call to him will be educational at least. I found this on Google: http://www.cozumelwireless.com/ I am assuming that is him.

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

#3 CZMDM

CZMDM

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 03:48 PM

You can bring a DirectTv box down and set up the account on the internet if you don't have one, but once you are here you will need a 6 foot dish. You can get the NFL package, but pay per view events won't work b/c of the phone line issue. There is a really smart dish and internet guy here named Nemicio Interian who owns Cozumel Wireless and he can help you out with any TV or dish problems or questions. His email is: nemecio@gmail.com & phone: 01 9871153761 (Mobile). I would not call anyone on the island from the states (unless they have a VoIP phone) as that person will have to pay the fee for the call. Nemicio speaks perfect English and is a really good guy. One thing: If you take out the NFL package here on SKY TV the package costs around $80USd. Via DirectTv it runs around $320USD. Of course you get a lot better programmig on DirectTV, but you will not be able to use On-Demand b/c of the phone issue. Nemicio also has a battery system that can be used in power outtages instead of using a generator.

Cozumel Diving

#4 DebB

DebB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:28 PM

Neme, Nemecio, and Cozumel Wireless are all the same person. His name is Nemecio Interain and, as said, he speaks English perfectly and can describe and quote all TV options. He doesn't hard sell -- he prefers that you hear him out, ask for clarification as necessary, and make your own, educated decision.

#5 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:17 PM

Which end of the island will you be on? If your in town, or north you can get away with a 6 ft dish (no heavy rain, or storms of course)...We are south, and we have an 8ft dish, and need a bigger one still.

We use Direct TV, and it works (when it doesn't rain, sun spots, heavy cloud cover).

We have been through Dish, doesn't work well here because they are using spot beams. Cozumel was always on the fringe on Dish anyway, and once they did Spot Beams, forget it.

Ask Nemecio, we work with him all the time regarding our communications.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#6 cozdaddy

cozdaddy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:Scubadiving, underwater photography. Landscape and people photography

Posted 04 August 2011 - 03:25 PM

Our house is next door the CMC hospital and now that I think about it depending on what direction the antenna needs to be pointed? We're going to be down in December might just have to have a talk with Nemecio while we're there.

Thanks for all the info guys appreciate it.
Breath in Breath out move on

#7 Jay

Jay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 08:54 AM

I know this is an old post - trying to find out more on TV service providers. Have had Cablemas and Direct TV - both were meh. Wondering about Sky. Any opinions out there? Also - is Nemecio still around? His website looks like it hasn't been updated in a few years. Thanks.

Jay

#8 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 09:22 AM

Nemecio is still around.  Love that guy.  He takes care of my Dish stuff.  I would call him for 'options.'

El Jefe

Casa De Jefe

#9 Jay

Jay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 11:22 AM

Nemecio is still around.  Love that guy.  He takes care of my Dish stuff.  I would call him for 'options.'

Thanks - do you have his contact info? Appreciate it!

#10 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 09:14 AM

Thanks - do you have his contact info? Appreciate it!

nemecio@gmail.com

+52 (987) 115 3761

Not sure which is which but these are for him

El Jefe

Casa De Jefe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users