• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 MarkC

MarkC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:58 AM

Ok, so I have done the research on rental car prices, and it seems that I can get a car for a week in Czm for approximately $200 for the week...

Here’s my question: Most of the rental car places are at the airport. I am staying at the Allegro next month and wonder if any of the rental companies deliver a car to the hotel or would I actually have to incur the additional expense of a cab to pick it up?

Thanks you guys

MC
“Corona con lima, Corona with lime... Todo el tiempo, hey all of the time... Con mucho gusto, I’m havin such a good time... Corona con lima, Corona with lime...”

#2 Guest_pecosgirl_*

Guest_pecosgirl_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:58 PM

If you are renting for the week why not just pick it up upon arrival? I don't know of any rental company that will deliver. You can rent a car at your resort...but it'll be alot more expensive.

#3 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:46 PM

Depends on who you deal with. My guy currently will meet me about wherever. I imagine Margarita would send someone to pick you up. Executive also met me at the resort some years ago but I had to go outside and meet them as they weren't allowed to drive on. 7 day for 200 sounds pretty darn good if that includes all the insurance!

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

#4 Guest_pecosgirl_*

Guest_pecosgirl_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2011 - 03:57 PM

Yes please...do tell what rental company has 7 days for $200. It must not include insurance? Isis is pretty much the best deal for $35. per day-insurance included and for 7 days that'd be $245. The Allegro is so far south I still doubt anybody would go that far to deliver a car.

#5 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:38 PM

Executive delivered to the Occidental and the Iberostar. WAY south. I used them way back as I needed a van to contain the whole fam we had along. They also have an office right across the street from Allegro or at least they did. I betcha alot of them would pick you up there to get your business.

El Jefe

Casa De Jefe

#6 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:04 AM

You might want to check, but I am pretty sure Executive as a branch office directly across the road from the Occidental and the Iberostar...

When I go out tomorrow, I'll check, it's only about 1/2 mile from where I live.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#7 DONO

DONO

Resident Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:16 AM

There is nothing 1/2 mile from where you live!

Dono
It's those changes in latitudes!

#8 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, dogs, margaritas, beaches, reading, working out, chilling.

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:39 PM

It is 5 bucks from the airport to Isis..........

#9 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 01:58 PM

Verified today, Executive does have a branch office directly across the road from Allegro resort.

They had compac, and Jeeps. I see them shuttling cars all the time, so if they didn't have what you wanted, they would bring one from town for you.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#10 Guest_pecosgirl_*

Guest_pecosgirl_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:15 PM

I feel sure that any company that brings a car that far south isn't going to give a great price. My opinion is that rental places on the south end have a captive audience and are going to be more expensive than a place in town or at the airport.

#11 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:02 PM

When I rented from Executive I got the same price picking up the vehicle in town (which is supposed to be cheaper than the airport) as I did when they met me at Ibero. If you are renting for a week, what is a quick run to the south?

El Jefe

Casa De Jefe

#12 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:05 AM

There is only ONE rental company at either end of the island (other then at hotels) and that's Executive, and it is across from the Allegra, that I am aware of.

Car/scooters, bicycles are ferried all the time to hotels, and condos for people who are renting them. But, not ALL rental companies offer this as a service.

I agree, you do have to know your prices, and what your willing to pay.

From the center of town to Allegra is about 10 miles, or a $15 usd taxi ride...ONE WAY.

Anonymous

#13 Guest_pecosgirl_*

Guest_pecosgirl_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:03 PM

I sure wish Mark would come back on here and say what company is offering the $200. price for a week.

#14 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 03:59 PM

Well I remember looking and finding cheap online, but then finding that doesn't include the insurance you REALLY want...

El Jefe

Casa De Jefe

#15 MarkC

MarkC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 04:03 PM

Sorry for the late response. Help me understand here... I may not be selecting the "right" insurance. but i was looking on Cheaptickets.com (hopefully this link will work):

http://www.cheaptick...rue&z=ca91&r=1d

If i can get a good deal from Executive and they're across the street from Allegro, thats prob what I'd go with.

So, what insurance do I need?

Thanks,

Mark
“Corona con lima, Corona with lime... Todo el tiempo, hey all of the time... Con mucho gusto, I’m havin such a good time... Corona con lima, Corona with lime...”

#16 Guest_pecosgirl_*

Guest_pecosgirl_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:55 PM

Get all of the insurance they offer. It's worth the extra money. I'm sure that price does not include your insurance.
My advice would be to rent from Isis and just take the shuttle from the airport to the office in town. It's a $5. ride. You can get a small Chevy w/ AC for $45. per day and that includes liability and collision insurance. We rent a VW bug hardtop for $30. a day- insurance included.
You can Google Isis Rentadora Cozumel. Margarita answers emails promptly if you have questions.
I hope you have a wonderful time!

#17 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:17 PM

The couple of times I rented from Executive, I just emailed them direct for their best offer with all insurance. Make sure you take the email printed with you. They 'lost' one of mine, but honored the email. Took them a little bit to find a minivan.

El Jefe

Casa De Jefe

#18 MarkC

MarkC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:34 PM

So when I look this up on the ACE site, it offers these 4 insurances:

1. Collision Damage Waiver (C.D.W.):

2. Loss Damage Waiver (L.D.W.): This Package include CDW and TPL/ALI insurance Without deductible

3. Accident Liability Insurance (A.L.I.): $ 11.00 USD

4. Personal Accident Insurance (P.A.I.):

It seems that the LDW for $35/day covers the CDW and ALI combined...

Question is, do you guys purchase the PAI also?

Thanks,

MC

#19 Guest_pecosgirl_*

Guest_pecosgirl_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2011 - 06:38 PM

Definitely.

#20 MarkC

MarkC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 12:29 PM

Isis' prices on their site seem to include the tax and the insurances needed. I emailed her to start the reservation process.

Look like Sept 3 - 10 with Isis would run me $210 w/o AC to $315 with air?

Once I added Executive's insurances, the price went through the roof - what am I missing here?

MC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users