Directions to Beaches

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 lexicon

lexicon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, walking, pets and all animal life, beaches. lots of sun, good Mexican food.

Posted 10 March 2010 - 10:08 AM

I know this may sound like we were idiots, but when my husband and I were in Cozumel just a month ago, we decided to go to several beaches on the west side. We were driving on the new coastal road going south. Do you think that we go find one of those well-advertised beaches? No way. We looked for signage as we drove but couldn't locate any of the entrances to any of these well-known beaches. Were we on the wrong road or what? Is there no signs indicating the roads to these beaches? Help please.

#2 lsr3

lsr3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:38 PM

lexicon

Most of the beaches and beach clubs on the west side are on the old road.
It follows the shore line, while the new road heads more directly North South.

I am attaching a screen shot from Google Maps that shows the intersection near the Presidente hotel.

Attached File  Picture 1.png   480.99KB   23 downloads

#3 2islandbums

2islandbums

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Interests:Diving/ working to get dive money.

Posted 10 March 2010 - 11:19 PM

Which beaches are you looking for? Playa Mia has a huge sign as does Paradise beach Mr. Sancho's ect. Let us know what you where looking for and I bet someone can help. B)
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.

Albert Einstein,

#4 lexicon

lexicon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, walking, pets and all animal life, beaches. lots of sun, good Mexican food.

Posted 11 March 2010 - 07:52 AM

I was looking for Playa San Francisco as well as Playa Corona. If I stay on the old road, will all of the entrances to the various beaches be marked? Or are some of them just sandy roads that lead off the old road and I just take a chance and go down them?

#5 Willie

Willie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles; Cozumel; Reading;

Posted 11 March 2010 - 08:56 AM

They are marked. If you stay on the old road you can't miss them.

Sam

#6 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,619 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:44 AM

You must have been having a great time, and just missed them.

The "Old" road, and "New" road run parallel right at Carlos and Charlies, San Fran, Oceans, and Paridise and Playa Mia Beach clubs. The roads are only separated by a few feet.

The one you might have missed is Palacar. There is a sign, but that one could be missed because it sits lower in the "New Road" and you have to use the turn off to get to it, if you are not on the "Old" road.

The "Old" road, and "New road" intersects (new road ends) right at the Rasta Bar, and it would behind you at the stop sign, to your right.

I think this calls for another visit, so that you can enjoy all that you missed! :D

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#7 lexicon

lexicon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 01:18 PM

Thanks to everyone who replied to my inquiry. I was on the new road and that's why I missed out on these beaches. We are probably coming back next year, so we'll check them all out then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users