• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Saz

Saz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:48 PM

Is there anywhere on the island to buy small outdoor and indoor plants? We have just moved here, don't have a vehicle, but would like to purchase a few pots & plants for our apartment. Is there a little garden center or such like where I can buy some plants?
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace! Jimmi Hendrix

#2 scubawoman

scubawoman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 09:04 PM

On the transversal (Benito Juarez) and just before 95, on the right. Great place, big selection.
"Friends are family we choose for ourselves!" Scubawoman

#3 Kandy

Kandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying retired life!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:19 AM

Saz:

There's a wonderful nursery on 65 near Airport road (I think) - it's on the West side of the street. There's also a nursery I've always wanted to go to out on the transversal. Unfortunately, you'll need transportation to go out to either one, but both have caught my eye.

Kandy
Living the Dream in Cozumel

#4 pjgoris

pjgoris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:52 AM

Saz:

There's a wonderful nursery on 65 near Airport road (I think) - it's on the West side of the street. There's also a nursery I've always wanted to go to out on the transversal. Unfortunately, you'll need transportation to go out to either one, but both have caught my eye.

I do agree with the one on Transversal...THat is where I usually go. Kandy when you get back let me know when you want to go. I love just looking at all of the new plants they have.

#5 Kandy

Kandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying retired life!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:57 PM

That's a deal, Pam.

Kandy
Living the Dream in Cozumel

#6 DebB

DebB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:14 AM

My highly-recommended place on the Transversal is Vivero Las Flores, just east of and across from the Boxito. Owners Julian & Addy. This may be the one everyone's talking about. Great selection of plants & pots and they will educate you about cultural requirements. Helps to have a translator if you're not fluent in Espanol. If anyone with a car is going out there at any time, I'd love a ride too!

#7 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:32 AM

Deb's correct, that is the name of the place.

I was out there last month...so much time, to little money!

GREEEEAT selection. they have a really interesting planters. One that looks like a rock.

Really nice folks.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users