2 replies to this topic

#1 TRAVELER89

TRAVELER89

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:04 PM

ADO is starting a "red-eye" run from Cancun and Playa to Belice City, trip leaves Playa at 11:40 and the trip takes a little less than 7 hours....., cost is $440 MX each way....., return leaves BC at 8:00 PM, with a return time of a little over 6 1/2 hours.

#2 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:31 AM

Good info, Traveller, as always. But re a red eye even on a first class bus....never again for this old dame. AJ and I did an overnighter to San Cristobal de las Casas a few years back and never, ever again. Maybe if I was little and skinny still. Or POSSIBLY if it was an UNO bus, is it?

OUr overnight up was so bad what with the toilet that blew everything back up at you from the road and the uncomfortable seats that I actually purchased two seats for each of us for the trip back and bought pillows at the Chedraui there. Still too uncomfortable to sleep. And we both caught bad colds from several heavy coughers in front and in back of us. Oh and the bus driver talked for more than 3 hours very loudly on his cellphone in the middle of the night.

I do not recommend red eye bus trips for anyone over 45 but to each their own. And my last piece of advice on this -- if you see a bus with a cracked front windshield like our bus up had or some other obvious sign of a recent past problem -- even a first class bus -- you might want to change your schedule and take a different one. Love and Learn as my grandmother liked to say.

#3 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 07:49 AM

Thanks Traveler. At least you have an option now. I think the only other way to do it was to bus to Chetumal then take a cab or bus to the border then a Belice bus to Belice City. I wonder how long the border crossing takes? Didn't customs shut down for a period at night?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users