#21 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:16 PM

Yes, you are obsessed, but i think that is why they invented the internet.... :rolleyes:

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

#22 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:35 PM

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#23 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:52 PM

I think you are right, CV :P

#24 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:59 PM

before you Zman defenders jump...it is HIS words...not mine

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#25 Coz_Aholic

Coz_Aholic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Interests:Travel, Diving, Fishing, and of course FAMILY!

Author of Cozumel The Complete Guide II

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:01 PM

I am not taking sides in this..I have yet to try the place...BUT...just so you know...ZMAN is a frequent visitor to Cozumel, I believe at least 3 or 4 trips a year.....I don't know why he said that, but he does come here often. He actually did not "trash" anyone. He just said that it was strange to have so many reviews in such a short time...and then he asked if anyone else had eaten there.

#26 mjs

mjs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:10 PM

Is there a review of Danube on the CozumelmyCozumel food and drink page?

http://www.cozumelmy...Restaurants.htm

#27 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:12 PM

mjs, not sure what you want anybody to read...could you drill down on the page.

Never mind I get what they are driving at. Because Danube isn't on the main reference page it must mean something...

Or it could mean that the page isn't updated, or hey, find the most current info in the chatroom.

Anonymous

#28 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:47 PM

You know, it is really hard enough to do business here.

Then you get people like Coz_Aholic/ScubaBride posting the following on TA not more then 10 mins ago.

"20. Re: Danube European Cusine
Sep 09, 2011, 4:35 PM

OK Zman are you still gonna be on the Island when I get home on the 11TH?

By the way you are the one being blamed for Danube being dropped to last place on here...Bad Boy

Anonymous

#29 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:57 PM

If you want a reviews of Danube, use the search function and you'll find plenty. They are also listed on a static page of this wesite at www.cozumelmycozumel.com/Pages/Restaurants.htm under the Expensive category. Which for here is defined as an average meal with drinks and tip included a around $35 US/person.

#30 Coz_Aholic

Coz_Aholic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Interests:Travel, Diving, Fishing, and of course FAMILY!

Author of Cozumel The Complete Guide II

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:27 PM

ZMan is NOT a Coz "expert" on TA. He posted a concern and he was within his rights to do so. In all fairness he proceeded to ASK for others opinions and admitted that he has not been there yet. Instead of posting back to him, you accuse him unfairly of being responsible for the change in the reviews. TA did it...not him. They went and looked it over and made thier own decision...it could happen to any place. I just let him know that someone was blaming him for the whole thing

#31 mjs

mjs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:38 PM

Sorry for the confusion Coz2Wonder. I meant that since Danube isn't on the "recommended" page in CMC, then maybe they wouldn't be seen as legitimate. However, it looks like Carey is in the midst of updating the CMC page now.

We ate there in May and loved it so much that we went again the next night. The food was wonderful and like nothing else on the island. Danube is certainly one of the best restaurants on the island and not deserving to be punished on TripAdvisor.

It would be a shame to see Danube closed down due to lack of business before we visit the island again in February 2012. I already posted a review on TripAdvisor back when I visited in May, but it is no longer there. I don't know what happened to it.

#32 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:42 PM

that is great to hear. I love the place.

Raymond and family are truly wonderful folks, and this was a HUGE investment, not only with the restaurant, but also they built and own the whole building.

Will be going back within a week for dinner will post with pics.

Keep publishing the good news here, maybe it will drift over to the heard.

Anonymous

#33 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:08 PM

Sorry for the confusion Coz2Wonder. I meant that since Danube isn't on the "recommended" page in CMC, then maybe they wouldn't be seen as legitimate. However, it looks like Carey is in the midst of updating the CMC page now.

Yah, I had a bunch of niggley little updates I was too busy (or lazy) to get to. Already had the new restaurant page ready to go with Danube added and Olive removed and it's out there. I was goaded by outrage (and you_ into getting off me behind.

#34 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:11 PM

Is there a review of Danube on the CozumelmyCozumel food and drink page?

http://www.cozumelmy...Restaurants.htm

That page doesn't exactly review restaurants -- just recommend them. More in depth reviews may be found in the Food and Drink Forum with a search. However, the restaurant page was updated today (on the list for like, um 3 months??) and you will now see Danube listed where it should be in our opinion.

#35 mslf500

mslf500

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Snow boarding, Diving, Spearfishing, Driving Formula Cars really fast, Mountain biking.

Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:45 PM

I know ZMan and his wife. They have no axe to grind....anywhere. They are a sweetheart, happy couple.

www.CozumelCondominium.com
Nah Ha 602

#36 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:40 AM

I know ZMan and his wife. They have no axe to grind....anywhere. They are a sweetheart, happy couple.

I don't think Paula meant that he had an axe to grind. I think she was pointing out that his comments might have been the spark that ignited the flames under some TA editors suspicions. The fire being set beforehand by

#1.Many glowing reviews and no negative reviews in a short period of time.

#2. Comments by one or two diners that they were being 'harassed' to place a review on TA (management was handing out cards with the TA address) and

#3I strongly suspect some unscrupulous competitor started clicking the There is Something Wrong with This Review button that I note is listed at the bottom of each published review.

Those three elements together combined with what seems to be pretty innocuous comments by Sr Z may well have been what prompted the dive and the big ugly red warning. It's that warning that concerns me. The restaurant is so good that it will quickly rise back up on the basis of reviews. But as I keep boringly repeating, that big red warning at the top makes it look as though the management are manipulative slime-balls and that just ain't true. And should not be allowed to stand.

#37 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 11:35 AM

Carey, it is EXACTLY want I meant.

I did NOT edit, change, or do anything to Z's post. It stood on it own.

I am sure "Z" is a great guy...not in question.

I think want we all need to understand is how much influence we carry when we post.

I know "Z" was stung on TA as not being an expert (think that was a bit catty), but when "Z" talks, people listen to him rather then a robo-poster.

The point is...you have to live by what you post...I do, and guess what...I am now feeling the heat from it.

Anonymous

#38 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:20 PM

Luh just sent me some interesting links on Trip Advisor:

Here's one about UK authorities investigating Trip Advisor UK's claims and practices and says US authorities are looking into doing the same.

http://paulinefromme...again-this.html

And also this one: http://beatofhawaii....t-trip-advisor/

I'd forgotten that Trip Advisor is owned by Expedia.

And finally: http://www.consumera...ripadvisor.html

#39 artgirl

artgirl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:00 PM

I posted 3 restaurant reviews on Trip Advisor a couple days ago. The only review that TA didn't post was my positive review on Danube. It was a short review that was similiar to my other positive reviews for Fratellis and Camillos.. no red flags. Don't know why it wasn't accepted.

#40 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:05 PM

I posted 3 restaurant reviews on Trip Advisor a couple days ago. The only review that TA didn't post was my positive review on Danube.

Mine wasn't accepted either and I understand Kandy, who posted on from the states, had hers listed briefly and then it disappeared.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users