42 replies to this topic

#41 dawnb

dawnb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, cooking, gardening, jewelry making, reading

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:45 AM

I posted a review of Danube on Saturday as well. I still haven't seen it. I have posted twice before on TA on other topics.

#42 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:58 AM

Read those links Luh sent and I posted a couple messages above in this thread. Particularly the third one which has quite a few business owners from various parts of the world complaining about this exact same thing.

Trip Advisor doesn't verify that a reviewer actually went to the restaurant or stayed at the hotel, you see. So it's simple for competitors to post bad reviews and get away with it. But when owners try to protest, they shut them out. Unless, it appears, they are a hotel who is listed on the mother company site, expedia, in which case they are allowed to reply in depth -- I've seen this.

It's a scam is trip advisor. But I've been saying that for a long time and most people just scoffed at me and said I was mad because they were competition for this website.

#43 zman96

zman96

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:34 PM

this is the "EXPERT" who started the whole trashing of Danube on TA.

He has NO facts, NO knowledge, but it SEEMS to him fishy...

One person drove all of this...One person.

1,139 posts...another EXPERT about Cozumel. Wonder if he even ate there???? NO

"zman96
Chicago...
reviews: 12
Danube European Cusine
Aug 04, 2011, 6:33 PM

This place seems a little fishy 40 reviews in just a few months and all of them glowing and it made them #1 on TA. Now somebody posted they are badgering for reviews on TA. I never hear anybody talk about this place on the forums and I was just wondering if anybody has eaten there and how was it.

Edit: Sorry for the typo in the Title.... Cuisine is what that should have read.
Edited: 6:34 pm, August 04, 2011"

I know this is from a few weeks ago, but I felt since I have received a few emails and messages from people regarding this and how my name was being attached to this unfortunate incident for Danube I had better chime in. You seem to be blinded by something while reading my post. My post made no accusation. It merely as other have said asked a legitimate question. You say I had no fact or knowledge, that is right that is why I asked the question. And if you would have read the rest of the thread people stated they had eaten there and it was good and I said I would try to go there on one of my upcoming trips. I think you need to take a deep breathe and calm down. What TA does is TA's business not mine, everything they do isn't always fair and many things on there as well as all other internet forums need to be take with a grain of salt.
If anybody else has any other question please feel free to ask me and not those they think may know me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users