11 replies to this topic

#1 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:24 AM

post any questions if you can't figure something out.

We are fine tuning the system right now and some things don't quite work right. For example, I just attempted to upload a photo from my computer to use as an avatar (this can be done via your profile area) and am getting an error message. These guys are fast, however, and I expect we'll have that particular prob fixed in the next hour or two.

Let us know if you run into other issues by posting here if you can. If not, talktous@cozumelmycozumel.com will reach us as well.

thanks, Guyz

#2 cdlu

cdlu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:34 AM

I got the same error message. However, I had the photo uploaded in photobucket and it uploaded successfully from there.
Cindy

#3 Charles

Charles

Guru

• Members
  • 3,143 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 12:02 PM

The first thing I had to do was to change my settings regarding how to view forum from standard. I would see the thread if any replies if I clicked on reply, but could only try to see replies by clicking on the individual reply.

#4 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 07:22 PM

I have the default setting as Outline. This shows the current message at the top of the page. Scroll down the page and you'll see the 'tree' with all the other messages and it shows how they're interrelated. Click on any of these and it opens that message. People who find this style annoying may go into their Settings (the arrow next to your log in name in the upper right corner) and change the topic view to Standard or Linear + which is some hybrid in between.

I don't know how everything works yet either. But we'll figure it out together. And now I'd like to SCREAM. That was fun.

#5 kathy_paamul

kathy_paamul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 08:31 PM

Ok, I just uploaded my avatar and I think it worked (I'll see in a bit here).

Yup it worked. Are you still having trouble, Carey?

#6 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 09:40 PM

Got it. There was a delay before it uploaded. And I had to reduce the size to 90 x 90 pixels. Maybe it would handle something larger and automatically reduce the image. But that would distort it.

#7 Valli

Valli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Interests:Travel, cooking, bike riding,

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:24 AM

How do I add my signature and update my profile? It keeps saying I have not reconfigured the page, but I am unclear as
to next steps. Thanks.

Valli

#8 La Administradora

La Administradora

Advanced

• Root Admin
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:55 AM

To update your profile, add an avatar, etc. Click the little arrow next to your log in info at the top right of the screen. Choose My Settings.
Next Choose My Profile. Once you're on this page, you'll see a menu going down the left side of the page which has various options you can work with including one for uploading and avatar.

#9 La Bella

La Bella

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Travel, reading, jewlery making, swimming

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:06 AM

Hi...for some reason I was not able to reply to the topic "I want to Move to Cozumel". When I
clicked on reply and would get this window, but was not able to type....Do you know what I
am doing wrong?
Thanks,
:P

#10 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:17 AM

I have done this a few times, and it turns out, I did not sign in first. Not saying that is what your problem is, but I have had it happen a hundred times to me...old dog, can't learn new tricks.

I have dug around this new system quite a bit, and it still catches me off guard.

Also, unless you use "Fast Reply" it will post of previous post that you are replying too, then you would add your comments.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#11 La Bella

La Bella

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Travel, reading, jewlery making, swimming

Posted 20 August 2010 - 06:58 AM

I tried signing in and I am still not able to type on the Post window. Maybe it's just that one topic.
I will continue to try. Thanks for your tip. :D

#12 dos margaritas

dos margaritas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:20 PM

No matter how small I make the photo, I cannot download a photo to my profile. It either states that the download failed or the photo was too large. Any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users